Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by jakub.murawski »

Hi,
I'm not able to change element on Gantt when it is very small. I reproduced it in bryntum demo (https://bryntum.com/products/gantt/examples/advanced/) if you set viewPreset to manyYears. (viewPreset : 'manyYears' in Gantt Code Editor)

2024-03-01_14h29_18.png
2024-03-01_14h29_18.png (171.7 KiB) Viewed 314 times

Then it is almost impossible to resize small elements and make it longer because I can't catch and resize it.

2024-03-01_14h30_12.png
2024-03-01_14h30_12.png (66.93 KiB) Viewed 314 times

Can you check and provide fix for it ?

Post by marcio »

Hey jakub.murawski,

Thanks for reaching out.

That's the expected behavior if you have a viewPreset like manyYears, because you have a small event compared to the interval that you're displaying.

What's your suggestion/expected behavior in this case?

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by jakub.murawski »

Hi marcio,
it also happened for us on monthAndYear preset but a real problem is when you start making event shorter and then when you make it the smallest one you can't change it back.
I attached video.

2024-03-03_12h13_43.gif
2024-03-03_12h13_43.gif (2.18 MiB) Viewed 268 times

We should be able to resize it from smallest one to any time which we would like to use.

Post by alex.l »

Hi,

Thanks for clarifications! I've opened a ticket here https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/8731
You can subscribe on ticket updates to be notified when it's done.

All the best,
Alex

Post by jakub.murawski »

Hi Alex,
do we have any update in this item ? It will be available in version 5.6.9 ?

Post by alex.l »

Hi,

No news yet. No, I do not think so, it will be released later. Can't give you any promises unfortunately.

All the best,
Alex

Post by jakub.murawski »

Hi,
ok sure I understand but do we have any estimation how long it will take to solve it ?

Post by alex.l »

Hi,

We cannot provide any terms, unfortunately. After talk to PM, we marked the ticket as high prio. It will help to get it done in first queue.

All the best,
Alex

Post by jakub.murawski »

Hi Alex,
thanks a lot for information.
Best Regards,
Jakub

Post by jakub.murawski »

Hi Alex,
do we have any update in this item ?
Best Regards,
Jakub