Our powerful JS Calendar component

Post by interstis »

Hi

When a record is loaded with a recurrence starting outside the scope of my base view (current week), it'll duplicate with a new starting date corresponding to the first date of my base view and will be send through our sync API as a new record. Recurring event created in the current week will not be duplicated after load API.
We use a custom record model extending the EventModel just to add some new fields.

Sincerly

Post by marcio »

Hey interstis,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to our forums. :)

Could you provide more context regarding how to reproduce the issue that you're mentioning? Are you able to reproduce that on one of our demos? If not, could you please provide a sample project for us to debug?

You can get more info regarding that checking our guidelines here https://www.bryntum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=772

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by interstis »

Hello,

I've made some progress on my side and I've figured out why I had this duplicate. When creating my event bryntum adds this to my UNTIL recurrence rule.

You can see the screenshot. Unfortunately I'm not able to provide you with any code.

Sincerely

Post by marcio »

Hello,

What does your data look like? If you use that data in our demo here https://bryntum.com/products/calendar/examples/recurrence/ do you observe the same behavior?

We would need more context in order to help you with this.

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by interstis »

when I create an event with a recurrence date earlier than the one displayed by my default view, it is stored in the backend with this data :

(data from the backend)

{
    "UID": "65dde2b2cf61f-2d7eb32a-1f76-4eeb-8e41-fc71a94a5bcc",
    "DTSTAMP": "20240227T132506Z",
    "SUMMARY": "test rec 12",
    "DTEND": "TZID=Europe/Paris:20240225T171500",
    "DTSTART": "TZID=Europe/Paris:20240225T161500",
    "X-CONFERENCE": "",
    "RRULE": "FREQ=WEEKLY",
    "ORGANIZER": "CN=Romain MICHAUD:mailto:test@test.fr"
}

Once the load has been retrieved, it is sent to the store. However, an attribute is automatically added by bryntum, "UNTIL=".

(data from the store in bryntum)

{
      "id":"65dde281b2597-9194263d-7f4a-4353-8df1-f5fb4017f83b",
      "startDate":"2024-02-24T15:30:00+01:00",
      "endDate":"2024-02-24T16:30:00+01:00",
      "duration":0.041666666666666664,
      "durationUnit":"day",
      "cls":"",
      "name":"test rec",
      "recurrenceRule":"FREQ=WEEKLY;UNTIL=20240302T152900",
      "exceptionDates":[
         "2024-03-02T00:00:00+01:00"
      ],
      "allDay":false,
      "state":"accepted",
      "description":"",
      "location":"",
      "visio":"",
      "attendees":[

], "organizer":{ "name":"Romain MICHAUD", "mail":"test@test.fr" } },

with the above examples, this results in the creation of a new loop event on the date 2024-03-02

PS: I can't reproduce your example because I don't have access to the data.

Post by alex.l »

Hi, could you please send us request and response of these operations? Are you sure you saved all data that backend got?

PS: I can't reproduce your example because I don't have access to the data.

You have source code for all examples in /examples folder of our source code you downloaded in CustomerZone. Feel free to review, apply required changes and share here.

All the best,
Alex