Our blazing fast Grid component built with pure JavaScript

Post by himanshurjoshi »

I am changing some data in store but its not reflected to Grid without rendering. Is this possible to show new values modified in store without re-rendering the Grid because I am updating data in rowExpander widget and if I re-render the Grid, that row get collapsed and I want tit to be expanded.

Post by ghulam.ghous »

Hi Himan,

If the values are not updated in the row-expander, you can always use the refreshOnRecordChange: true https://bryntum.com/products/grid/docs/api/Grid/feature/RowExpander#config-refreshOnRecordChange config to re-render the row-expander. If that's not what you are looking for, can you share a runnable test case so we can run it and help you with a solution.

Regards
Ghous

Post by himanshurjoshi »

refreshOnRecordChange: true already set

Post by Animal »

If you just set a field value on a record it just updates the row containing the data that was changed. You can test that at https://bryntum.com/products/grid/examples/rowexpander-regions/

Go into the debugger and type:

grid.store.getAt(1).name = 'Fred Bloggs'

It will not change anything except that name cell:

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 11.47.58.png
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 11.47.58.png (821.05 KiB) Viewed 399 times

The question is how are you changing some data in the store? Because just setting a field in a record is the way to do that, and that does an efficient UI update.

Post by himanshurjoshi »

grid.store.getAt(1).name = 'Fred Bloggs'
I tried this also but it's not working

Post by tasnim »

Hi,

Could you please upload a runnable test case here so we can replicate and investigate the issue?

Post by himanshurjoshi »

Its a huge code written in more than one file so it is not possible to paste here.

Post by ghulam.ghous »

Hi,

You can share the project as a zip file or upload it on github or on google drive and share the accessible link here. We do not need only file. We need a runnable project including package.json.

Regards,
Ghous