Our powerful JS Calendar component

Post by developers.capim »

Hello Bryntum Support Team,

I am currently developing a custom popover that should be displayed near the event that a user clicks on in the Bryntum Calendar. To position the popover correctly, I believe I need a reference (ref) to the clicked event.

Could you please advise on what I can use from the event object as a ref for the popover? Specifically, I need to know how to obtain a reference to the DOM element of the clicked event.

Thank you!

Best regards, Natalia Tamy

Post by mats »

Post by Animal »

developers.capim wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:35 pm

I am currently developing a custom popover that should be displayed near the event that a user clicks on in the Bryntum Calendar.

Any reason you don’t just use the EventTooltip Feature? It does exactly that.

Post by developers.capim »

In fact, we are already using Bryntum's eventTooltip. However, we want to customize its design and for that, we have created our own popover.
We would like to know if there is a way to obtain the DOM element (or 'element node') of the event that was clicked in the Bryntum Calendar. We need this information to correctly position our custom popover. Could you please advise on how we can achieve this?

Post by Animal »

All possible information is in the event that you listen for: https://bryntum.com/products/calendar/docs/api/Calendar/view/Calendar#event-eventClick

You can customise the contents and CSS of the the toolitip very easily.