Our blazing fast Grid component built with pure JavaScript

Post by conn.finn »

Hello,

I was in the process of upgrading the Bryntum Grid library to 5.5.3 to support our Lightning Web Components and during testing I noticed a problem with the combo filterable column configuration. Whenever I make a selection of a filter option in the dropdown, the grid correctly filters down the data, but the input cannot be dismissed and when clicking the X to clear the input, a component error is thrown. I was not able to reproduce this on your online example so I'm curious if this is specific to Lightning Web Components. Would you be able to confirm whether this is reproducible on your end? This was also reproducible in 5.5.2. We were previously using 5.3.5, which does not have this issue.

Attached is a recording of the encountered issue and also a screenshot of the browser console error output.

Let me know if you need any additional information. Thank you.

Attachments
combo_filterable_browser_console_error.png
combo_filterable_browser_console_error.png (99.6 KiB) Viewed 173 times
bryntumGrid_5.5.3_combo_filter_lwc.mov
(6 MiB) Downloaded 24 times

Post by alex.l »

Hi,

Looks like that's custom filter field. Could you please share the code you used for filter field and handlers/listeners if any.

All the best,
Alex

Post by conn.finn »

Hello,

Here is an example of one of the "combo"-typed column definitions. This was working as implemented in earlier versions.

{
    "id": "person",
    "text": "Account Type",
    "field": "person",
    "width": 130,
    "filterable": {
        "filterField": {
            "type": "combo",
            "value": "",
            "items": [
                {
                    "value": true,
                    "text": "Person"
                },
                {
                    "value": false,
                    "text": "Business"
                }
            ],
            "editable": false
        }
    },
    "groupable": false,
    "hideable": false,
    "draggable": false
}

Post by alex.l »

Hi,

Thanks for the code snippet, I've reproduced the problem in latest version. Btw, I see no errors in console, but the combo still stopped working. Ticket: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/7572

All the best,
Alex