Our blazing fast Grid component built with pure JavaScript

Post by swapnakonakanchi »

Hi Team,

If I draw the start-start dependency between two tasks (as per attached video ) from 'Apply Design to..' with start date 'Feb 9,2019' to 'Setup test strategy' with start date 'feb 6th 2019' and it is sub task startDate was 'Feb 7th 2019'. When I off the 'Manually scheduling' for 'Setup test strategy' ,its statrDate updated to its sub task startDate.

Expected result is:
'Setup test strategy' start date needs to be updated to 'Apply Design to..' task start date ( 'Feb 9,2019') because we have the start-start depependency between these two two tasks.

Actual result:
'Setup test strategy' start date was updated to its sub task start date. See the attached video.
Please advise how to resolve this.

Thank you.

Attachments
2023-06-30_00h53_52.mp4
(6.55 MiB) Downloaded 31 times

Post by alex.l »

Hi,

Parent task always take start and end dates according to child tasks, if other constraints were not applied.
In your case you parent task contains manuallyScheduled child task, that propagates dates to parent, that's why it has not being moved when you add dependency.
Here is a full guide how scheduling works https://bryntum.com/products/gantt/docs/guide/engine/gantt_events_scheduling

All the best,
Alex

Hi alex,
I agree with you but our expectation is, it needs to be update the dates based on dependency if we have any dependency between two task irrespective of child tasks. How to overcome this behavior. please suggest.

Any update on this

Post by arcady »

As Alex already mentioned out of the box summary tasks are scheduled based on their children.
So options that you have are:
A. disable manually scheduling mode on the child task (https://www.bryntum.com/products/gantt/docs/api/Gantt/model/TaskModel#field-manuallyScheduled) and then the summary task will be scheduled as you expect
B. override task model code to implement a custom scheduling logic you need,