Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by peterlechner »

Hi,

I have created 2 nodes A, B. B is a child of A.
-A

• B

If you copy and past these two nodes the order of the nodes within the records array of the add event is dependent on the selection order of the user.

gantt.project.taskStore.on({
   add: ({ records } ) => {
          // records[0] if you select B first here is A and vice versa
         }
   });

Is this correct behaviour? I think the inserted nodes should be ordered in a different way, e.g. with the sequenceNumber, parents always first.

If you observe the records array within an expand operation it think it is order this way.

Many Thanks,
Peter

Post by alex.l »

Hi Peter,

What version of Gantt do you use? Can you reproduce it in our online example? https://bryntum.com/examples/gantt/advanced/

How do you copy and paste these tasks? I tried it using context menu and using Cmd+C/Cmd+V, both are working correct.

All the best,
Alex

Post by peterlechner »

Hi Alex,

copy and paste works fine. It is just the sorting of the tasks within the 'records' array of the 'add' event that irritates me.
BR, Peter

Post by alex.l »

I got it, but I see the order correct every time

All the best,
Alex

Post by peterlechner »

Hi Alex,

I have uploaded a video.
BR, Peter

Attachments
20220117_131234.mp4
(26.26 MiB) Downloaded 53 times

Post by alex.l »

Thank you, Peter. But I have to be able to reproduce it.

What version of the Gantt do you use? Can you reproduce it in our online example? https://bryntum.com/examples/gantt/advanced/

All the best,
Alex

Post by peterlechner »

Hi,

I am using trial version 4.3.5. I have attached a small sample to reproduce.

BR, Peter

Attachments
sample.zip
(6.01 MiB) Downloaded 53 times

Post by mats »

Post by joakim.l »

I have been trying to reproduce this issue in the current version of Bryntum Gantt, but without success. So, I will close the ticket.
Peter, if this issue still is a problem for you, please let us know and we will reopen it.

Regards
Joakim