Our state of the art Gantt chart
Please can you advise if possible to integrate Gantt 4.0.7 with asp.net, because all the example and sample related to Angular, React & Vue.
We have used in the past older version (Gant Ext 5.x) and now have obtained a new license for Gantt 4.0.7, so we need to migrate to the new Gantt 4.0.7. Is there a path or possibility to migrate? If yes please can you provide any link or documentation?
You can consider our demos to be split into frontend and backend part, communicating with JSON. Angular/React/Vue demos are a front-end part. ASP.NET and PHP demos show how to implement a backend which is demonstrated with a simple client-side JS app.
Could you please elaborate on what do you expect from asp.net integration?
Is there a path or possibility to migrate
Please take a look to sheduler migration guide: https://bryntum.com/docs/scheduler/#guides/migration/extscheduler-to-bryntumscheduler.md
CRUD protocol structure hasn't changed, so it is all about JS app configuration. Config system is similar to one in ExtJS, there are similar concepts too: panels, widget type (xtype in ExtJS), layout, store, model, fields etc.
If you have any specific questions during migration, please don't hesitate to ask.
Another point, you have reference to the Migration/Extscheduler-to-bryntumscheduler. But are we using Gantt, I though the are different product unless it's the same migration path. So the 2 main clarification to make sure we are not burning more time and effort on Gantt 4.0.7 and if we have to go back to Gantt Ext.Js 6.x as following:
- If we can integrate with asp.net MVC (If yes) please can you provide more details.
- If know then we have to upgrade from the old Gantt Ext.Js 4.x to 6.x and change our license again.
you have reference to the Migration/Extscheduler-to-bryntumscheduler. But are we using Gantt, I though the are different product unless it's the same migration path
Migration path is very similar, yes. Gantt is based on scheduler and migration procedure wouldn't be much different. Guide explains main concepts which are applicable to Gantt too.
If we can integrate with asp.net MVC (If yes) please can you provide more details.
To run Gantt app all you need is a webpage where you load the JS app and backend to return/process data. We demonstrate this in our aspnet demo which you can find in the distribution folder. So yes, you can integrate Gantt with aspnet.
If you need specific details, please ask specific questions.
If know then we have to upgrade from the old Gantt Ext.Js 4.x to 6.x and change our license again.
This depends on your requirements of course.
Migrating from ExtGantt4 to ExtGantt6 should be much easier than to Bryntum Gantt, which doesn't rely on extjs at all. But ExtGantt6 is not in the active development phase, we support it and fix problems but do not add new features.
Bryntum Gantt on the other hand has almost complete feature parity with ExtGantt, is more performant and is being actively developed now. For new applications we recommend to use Bryntum Gantt.
I'm trying to create another project ASP.NET MVC in your example aspnet, I called it BryntumGanttDemo (please see the attachment project structure below):
- Controller folder contains 2:
+ MainController: contains two action is TaskIndex and TaskTempIndex. these actions will return razor view corresponding.
+ GanttCrudController: contains logic CRUD. (I kept this controller the same with example aspnet).
- Scripts folder: contains bryntum folder, has 2 scripts of gantt inside is task & tasktemp folder (because in our projects have 2 places apply gantt)
- Views folder: contains 2 views:
+ Views/Main/TaskIndex.cshtml: this view will use gantt script inside task folder
+ Views/Main/TaskTempIndex.cshtml: this view will use gantt script inside tasktemp folder
I configured route by default will return controller is Main and action is TaskIndex if URL doesn't pass controller & action.
- The first time I run with URL http://localhost:52864/. Data is loaded correctly, but the height of gantt is equal very small so I cannot see all records. I have to manual add height to show in the picture.
- The second time I tried with URL like http://localhost:52864/Main/TaskIndex it cannot load data, because it called wrong controller as: http://localhost:52864/Main/ganttcrud/load. It used MainController like area.
Here are my questions:
- If yes, please advice me more details or help me how to fix the error I explained above.
- Project structure & default route configuration
- project structure and route configure.png (52.55 KiB) Viewed 253 times
- URL Worked (didn't pass controller & action)
- url worked.PNG (141.66 KiB) Viewed 253 times
- Url not worked
- url not worked 2.PNG (88.33 KiB) Viewed 253 times
Long story short, your controller is handling
host:port/ganttcrud/load and project is sending request to
host:port/Main/ganttcrud/load. Which is what it should do if you configure load url like
ganttcrud/load. Which is why you should configure load url to be
Please post your project config.