[INFO REQ] Scheduling based on As-of Date

Support for v6.x of our Scheduling components

vpatchip_in
Premium Member
Premium Member

[INFO REQ] Scheduling based on As-of Date

Post by vpatchip_in »

Hi Team,
We are using Bryntum 6.1.1. Added to project scheduling based on project start date, we wanted to support as-of date scheduling where all automatic tasks needs to be scheduled based on the current system date without affecting the project start. Is there a way to achieve this functionality?

Thanks
Venkataraju

arcady
Core Developer
Core Developer

Re: [INFO REQ] Scheduling based on As-of Date

Post by arcady »

There is Gnt.model.Task#getEarlyStartDateDefaultValue method. It's private but it's 100% safe to use it.
You can override it. It returns project start date out of the box, and as far as I understand your use case it should return current date instead.

vpatchip_in
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vpatchip_in »

Hi Arcady,

Usually we can do project scheduling by updating project start date in project information popup. Here we are specifically changing the project start, instead of changing project start I wanted to schedule the automatic tasks based on current date. So in this case if there is a manual task which has start date as yesterday it will not be affected hence even after scheduling based on current date, project start will be the same.

arcady
Core Developer
Core Developer

Post by arcady »

Sorry, what's the question?
Yes manually scheduled tasks are not affected by incoming dependencies nor project start date changes.

vpatchip_in
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vpatchip_in »

My query is how can we achieve this kind of scheduling on current date without changing the project start?

arcady
Core Developer
Core Developer

Post by arcady »

vpatchip_in
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vpatchip_in »

I think you have misunderstood my query completely. As of such Bryntum is supporting project scheduling by project start date i.e., by changing the project start date from project information popup we are able to schedule the project but I would like to schedule my project based on current date on click of a new icon. It shouldn't effect the project start. I have attached a screenshot of the behaviour in Advanced demo where I have explicitly changed the project start date to current date - 09/17/2020 but in my case on click of the button it should schedule the tasks of the project but shouldn't change the project start as there is a task starting on 01/16/2017. Is there a way to achieve this?

Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 2.46.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 2.46.53 PM.png (324.33 KiB) Viewed 188 times

arcady
Core Developer
Core Developer

Post by arcady »

Did you try what I suggested?

vpatchip_in
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vpatchip_in »

Yes, I have overridden the getEarlyStartDateDefaultValue method. It is scheduling as per my requirement but it is happening only when the project start date is changed in project information popup. Is there a way to trigger the scheduling logic outside the project information popup?

arcady
Core Developer
Core Developer

Post by arcady »