Our blazing fast Grid component built with pure JavaScript

Post by martins »

Hello!
My PDF export gets all the data, that grid gets(+-3pages), but it is exported only in one and the rest is unreadable outside the page -> not even footer is rendered.
Output is rendered in one column on the left side of the page and ignores stylesheets - I did delete content of the main app page stylesheet - as a test - and there were some changes, but it remained on the left side looking like plain html, but now with footer. I added <h2> tag in the header and added dummy styling - no changes.
If additional info is required - do tell.
Thank you!

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

Hello.
I suppose application styles may have affected the output result. One way to debug this is to:

1. check outgoing requests on the network tab
  2. copy failed page HTML to a file
  3. remove leading and trailing quotes
  4. replace \" with "
  5. open this page in a browser and inspect why the content is not visible

Did it work before? Were there any significant changes to the codebase between working and failing states? Or this is the first time you've tried it?

Post by martins »

Hi!
This is primary setup - there has not been a working pdf export.
I did paste out the HTML and it looks as it should(correctly) and has all the stylesheets included.
What next? I do not know why it strips it from styling, but we do not use the newest version - maybe it is important?

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

If all pages sent to the server are rendered correctly on your machine, you need to investigate why the server fails to render them. Maybe styles couldn't be loaded. Please refer to this guide for debugging tips: https://github.com/bryntum/pdf-export-server/blob/main/docs/architecture.md