Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by Phil234234234234 »

Hello

We've spotted a little problem with the LWC version of the Grid - namely when one is scrolling through options in a dropdown column. We've noticed that if you open the dropdown and then scroll down not through the dropdown options but through the grid itself, then the dropdown says open and hanging and looks very odd. I've attached a video below. I've not been yet able to replicate it on the Bryntum demos, but I have replicated it on very simple LWC demos.

I've attached the code for the column in the video below. As you can see, its fairly simple.

export const COLUMNS = [
    {
        text: 'City',
        field: 'city',
        flex: 1,
        editor: {
            type: 'dropdown',
            items: [
                'Stockholm',
                'Moscow',
                'Paris',
                'Washington',
                'San Francisco',
                'New York',
                'Barcelona',
                'Dubai',
                'a',
                'b',
                'c',
                'd',
                'e',
                'f',
                'g'
            ],
        },
    },
];

Would it be possible for someone to look into this sometime?

Thank you!

Edit: I've also attached a second video to show how one can scroll further down the dropdown and the component simultaneously

Attachments
Screen Recording 2021-10-12 at 11.05.43.mov
(7.71 MiB) Downloaded 121 times
Screen Recording 2021-10-12 at 16.18.32.mov
(5.25 MiB) Downloaded 112 times

Post by alex.l »

Reproduced. Yes, that's the problem related to LWC env. Ticket is here: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/3552

Thank you for the report!

All the best,
Alex

Post by bkohler »

Hi, is there any update on this issue? We're still seeing it in all our grids in LWC and it looks like the ticket is still open in Github. Thanks, Beth

Post by alex.l »

Hi Beth,

Yes, sorry, it is still opened but targeted to be fixed in one of first minor releases for 5.0. I cannot provide you dates unfortunately, usually we do minor releases every 2-3 weeks.

All the best,
Alex

Post by bkohler »

Hi Alex, thanks for the update, we'll look out for it in the release notes of the upcoming release, Beth

Post by bkohler »

Hi, has there been any progress on fixing this bug? I've recently upgraded to version 5.1.0-alpha to do some testing and I'm still seeing the issue there. Beth

Post by alex.l »

Hi Beth, 5.1.0-alpha-1 doesn't have this fix. The issue is still opened, I cannot say which version exactly will have that bug fix, but very possible it will be fixed before official 5.1.0 release.
Thanks for your patience.

All the best,
Alex

Post by jinc »

Hi Alex, just checking in regarding this bug. I see that this issue is open and I do not see it among the bug fixes in 5.1.0 release change log. I was wondering when we would expect this ticket to be fixed?

Post by tasnim »

Hi,
As the bug has a milestone of 5.1.x, That means, most like this is going to be available in our nearest patch releases.
I will also add a report to the ticket that you've asked for the fix.

Good Luck :)
Tasnim

Post by jinc »

Hello!

I see that 5.1.0 has been released and was wondering when the patch release containing this fix would be available?

All the best,
Jin