Post by janverstr »

Dear,

When creating tasks with the "create" button or with 'enter' at the end of the gantt chart, the tasks are not (always) saved/created in Odoo.

For the create button it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. With enter at the end of the list, the new tasks get WBS number 2, 3 etc. instead of 1.13, 1.14 etc.

When closing the gantt view and reopening it, the tasks disappear. Also, the tasks are not shown in the tree or kanban view of Odoo, which clearly shows they are not created in Odoo.

A video shows this behavior in the demo.

Attachments
2021-12-02-17-25-47.mp4
(9.1 MiB) Downloaded 119 times

Post by Terence »

Thank you for the report! Tasks like wbs 2, 3 should not be possible to create, they are not assigned to a project in that case. Then they are floating without project id assigned.

The UI should avoid creating such tasks. I open a ticket.

Post by Terence »

Post by janverstr »

Thanks for the investigation, but apart from creating nodes when using enter, tasks created with the create button on top are not always created in Odoo neither.

In the video this happens with taks 'test2' and 'test4' while 'test1' is saved correctly. The WBS is correctly 1.1, 1.2 etc, but the tasks are not created.

Post by Terence »

I take that observation within the ticket.

Post by janverstr »

FYI: While doing some logging for another issue (checking if the current user is the PM of the project when adding a task) made clear that that the tasks created with the create button on top, do not receive a project_id. The project_id is false.

Probably this is linked to the issue with the task created with 'enter' at the end of the list.

So, my issue is linked this, because if there is no project, the current user cannot be the project manager of the project to create a task.

Post by Terence »

Yes the ui should prevent the creation of such tasks. That fix will be in the upcoming deploy next week.