Our flexible Kanban board for managing tasks with drag drop

Post by yingtao »

When my tasdkboard has a lot of data, this will cause a big reflow.Any operation will cause a big reflow and can be expensive, appearing choppy to the user.
How can I show virtual list?
Have any suggestions about reflow ?

Post by johan.isaksson »

Hi,

TaskBoard does not support virtualization, but it is something we want to add support for in the future. There is a feature request on it here that you could track to get updates: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/3414

Meanwhile, it is hard to give any advice without seeing some code. Could you prepare a small test case showing your issue? Perhaps we can make some adjustment to make it work better

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson

Post by yingtao »

By the way, when can you support virtualization approximate time?It's very importance to us.

Post by mats »

We will discuss internally, best case it will be available during the next two quarters. If you need it more urgently than this, you can also submit a sponsored feature request to fast track this feature. Please contact sales[at]bryntum.com if interested.

Post by yingtao »

Do you start have plan to support virtualization?We had buy the offical version.

Post by mats »

Yes planned but unlikely it will happen before Q4 this year.

Post by ahelis »

We have observed the same issues. When individual columns have 250 cards, the collapse functionality takes up to 10 seconds per column, and while a user perceives this as unresponsive, they try to expand collapsed columns and finally refresh the page. We are considering a workaround to manage individual column caches using a paging window approach where the board store keeps a maximum number of cards. As the user scrolls we manage which cards are in the store at any one time.

Post by raining »

How can I use rewrite widget of custom all area? (now I use web components to custom task
and swimlane headers.)

Post by mats »

@raining Please start a new thread with your question.