Our flexible Kanban board for managing tasks with drag drop

Post by Gaetek »

Hello,
I am using the trial version of the taskboard (v 4.3.2) react wrapper. My configuration file looks like this:

{
    tbar: [
        // Field for filtering tasks
        { type: 'taskfilterfield' },
        '->',
        { type: 'swimlanefilterfield' },
        { type: 'swimlanepickerbutton', ref: "swimlanePicker" }
    ],
    css: {
        columnMinWidth: "350px"
    },

columnField: "status",
columns: [
    "Sample",
    "Anotherone",
    "Dummy",
],

swimlaneField: "employee",
swimlanes: [],

project: {
    stm: { autoRecord: true },
    tasksData: []
}
}	

Later in the code, I update the TaskBoard by acting on the relevant stores, like this:

// g is a variable that is holding reference to the actual instance of the kanban
let g = kanban.current.instance;

// events and lanes are two variables with the data I need to update / visualize. g.project.eventStore.removeAll(); g.project.eventStore.add(events); g.swimlanes.removeAll(); g.swimlanes.add(lanes);

While the taskboard is updating itself with the right data, the "swimlane picker" widget is not being updated correctly even though it should be tied to the swimlanes store and therefore it should be updated under the hood accordingly. How can I refresh the swimlanes picker programmatically? I am using a react wrapper so, as far as I know, the only way I have to interact with the widget is at configuration level.

Could you please help me with this?
Thanks and keep up the good work!

Post by Gaetek »

Could anyone please help me with this one?

Thanks

Post by johan.isaksson »

Hi,

You have run into a design flaw with the SwimlanePickerButton (ColumnPickerButton has the same flaw). They both populate their menus on first show only. Have opened a ticket on it: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/3705.

Meanwhile, you can force it to repopulate the menu on next show using:

swimlaneButton.menu = [];
Best regards,
Johan Isaksson

Post by Gaetek »

I will do! Thanks!