Our powerful JS Calendar component

Post by b_coder »

Hello,

When testing the weekExpander feature, it seems like there is a rendering bug when also using minRowHeight and eventHeight. I tested it in your code editors to ensure it could happen and if you set minRowHeight with the weekExpander feature, it seems like the weekExpander doesn't reset the other rows back to the minRowHeight value when closing the expansion. It just causes all the info to be severely squished and shows a very broken looking layout. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something regarding this feature and that it was a real bug and not a missed configuration on my part.

You may need additional data objects on a given day to get the weekExpander to show in my example below.

I'm mainly interested in having X number of events show prior to the expansion taking effect, and possibly having dynamic heights of events (events have 1-3 rows of text depending on their meta-data). So if there is a better way to accomplish that to bypass this issue that response would also be appreciated.

new MonthView({
    appendTo  : targetElement,
    height    : 500,
    width     : '100%',
    title     : 'September 2020',
    startDate : new Date(2020, 8, 1),
    events    : [
        { startDate : '2020-09-02T07:00', duration : 5, durationUnit : 'h', name : 'Walk the dog', eventColor : 'yellow' },
        { startDate : '2020-09-10T09:00', duration : 2, durationUnit : 'h', name : 'Buy masks', eventColor : 'orange' },
        { startDate : '2020-09-14T07:00', duration : 1, durationUnit : 'h', name : 'Zoom meeting', eventColor : 'deep-orange' },
        { startDate : '2020-09-25T09:00', duration : 1, durationUnit : 'h', name : 'Get a haircut', eventColor : 'gray' }
    ],
  features: { weekExpander: true },
  eventHeight: '2.5em',
  minRowHeight: 200,
  eventRenderer: function({ eventRecord, renderData }) {
      return `${eventRecord.name} <br /> Second Line`;
  }
});

Post by Animal »

I see. It flips all other rows back to flexing.

Here's a ticket: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/3696

This should be rapidly fixable.