Our powerful JS Calendar component

Post by cbennett »

We have a situation we are trying to solve where we are assigning an individual a list of 10 events from the database. This list will be come a call list so that the individual can confirm appointments for those 10 events over the next 3 days.

The problem is that the recurring events are stored in the database under the date they were originally created with the recurrence rule telling the Calendar how to render it. This results with events being retrieved that don't actually occur in the range that we are looking for as we are forced to send all of the recurring appointments and let the Calendar figure out whether it occurs in the range.

We would like to be able to have some means of parsing the the recurrence rule before the events are loaded so we can determine which ones we actually want to put in the list to be loaded in the Calendar.

Do you have a function, method, or some logic we can use for parsing out the recurrence rule to determine whether or not we should include a recurring appointment to be loaded?

What I would like to be able to do is have some function that we could give the event start date, and then a lower range date and upper range date to check to see if our event occurrences fall within that range. Or even just a function that would take the event date and the recurrence rule and return the occurrence dates.

Post by Animal »

You do not (and must not) add real, concrete events to the returned data corresponding to occurrences of recurring events.

You should however send all base recurring events which have already started and are not yet finished.

However long ago they started.

The calendar automatically interpolates occurrences of recurring events into its results through the EventStore's getEvents API.

Post by Animal »

I assume you are using the LoadOnDemand feature.

This could probably be better documented as part of that feature. I will add some explanation to the headline docs for that class.

Post by Animal »

I just added that new section about recurring events. Does that explain it well enough to get started?

Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 11.38.30.png
Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 11.38.30.png (142.83 KiB) Viewed 452 times