Our powerful JS Calendar component

Post by dwilliams »

Hello,

I have a semi-major issue in that when we create a repeating event we can't update the initial event without updating all following events. This is a problem because we need to update the status on the first event but not the other events.

After the first event, there is an option to save this for all events or just this event. Is it possible to have that option on the first event as well?

Image of the save option where we can't save just this occurrence.
https://ibb.co/D1ZfNGF

Post by arcady »

This option will detach the event from the recurrence. So aftrwards changes to that event will not trigger further occurrences updating. Is that what you want?

Post by dwilliams »

Yes, in this situation detaching the original event will work fine and is expected. The goal is to treat the original event just like future recurring events that can be detached when you change "Only This Event".

Post by arcady »

Ok, I've found this comment in the code:

// TODO: so far we hide 'Only this event' option for a recurring event itself until this case is supported
        if (isMaster) {
            changeSingleButton.hide();
        }

Seems this case is not supported for some reason. I've made a feature request to investigate why and see what can be done: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/3363

Post by dwilliams »

Ok, thank you for your quick response and insight. I'll develop a workaround for the time being.

Dan

Post by dwilliams »

Have there been any updates to solve this problem?

This is a huge burden for us. I don't even see how this is a feasible product for recurring events if you can't edit the first item in the recurrence.

Post by alex.l »

Hi dwilliams,

We are working on it right now, will do our best to fix it asap.

All the best,
Alex

Post by dwilliams »

That's great new Alex. Is there any sort of timeline for this fix?

We would base part of our own software development in our system based on how fast a solution to this issue is implemented.

Right now we have to "Clone" the appointment as a single appointment for the curring date and then add the original date as a date exception in the recurring appointment so there's not a duplicate showing on the first day of the recurring. This is causing some issues in the level of difficulty to handle changes to appointments in various ways.

Post by alex.l »

Cannot say how long it takes in hours or days. It's already in progress and should be there with the nearest patch release.
You can subscribe on ticket updates and download nightly build from Customer Zone on the next day after the ticket will be resolved, if you need it urgently.

All the best,
Alex

Post by dwilliams »

Hey Alex or anyone else from Bryntum,

Has there been a release to fix this yet? Allowing the first appointment in a recurring appointment to be modified without having to update all?

Dan