Our powerful JS Calendar component

Post by braincept »

Hi there

We have some customers with many resources (huge amount of calendar entries). Is there any possiblity to show the calendar entries side by side if there is enough space for example in "DAY VIEW". This would help to have a clearer presentation. (overview on all resources/entries).

Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-18 um 09.32.06.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-18 um 09.32.06.png (334.15 KiB) Viewed 1322 times

Post by alex.l »

Hi braincept,

What do you mean "side by side"? If you'll have a lot of events that started at the same time and finished at the same time, you'll have it looked like red boxes you added. (See attached image)
How "side by side" should work if events have partly overlap time? (The Y axis shows start/end time).

Attachments
Screenshot 2021-02-18 at 10.13.32.png
Screenshot 2021-02-18 at 10.13.32.png (95.84 KiB) Viewed 1315 times

All the best,
Alex

Post by braincept »

Hi Alex

Thanks for your reply. Please check my example screenshot attached. So there is no way to show this more clean when there are overlapping events? It feels like there is more space available.

Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-18 um 10.41.03.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-18 um 10.41.03.png (89.08 KiB) Viewed 1314 times

Post by dongryphon »

@braincept I've opened a ticket for improving the layout algorithm. You are correct there is definitely room for improvement on using the space when there is so much width available.

Post by braincept »

Hi. This is getting a bigger issue for us now, please try to speed up the improvement, since a lot of customers are complaining because the calendar is not usable like this. I attached a new screenshot.

Thanks!

Attachments
KEnEzqoCse-Fc8ZpZGfumu_t5peoqmVmvg.png
KEnEzqoCse-Fc8ZpZGfumu_t5peoqmVmvg.png (899.97 KiB) Viewed 1170 times

Post by mats »

Pipeline is pretty full at the moment but we will try to address this for 4.2.0

Post by braincept »

Thank you very much mats, we appreciate it.

Post by dongryphon »

Hi @braincept - I am working this issue now. If it is not too much trouble, any example data sets you can provide would be helpful for my testing. Perhaps something like this to anonymize things from an eventStore:

JSON.stringify(eventStore.map(r => ({
    name: r.name.split('').map(c => /[\s,:-]/.test(c) ? c : 'x').join(''),
    startDate: +r.startDate/1000,
    endDate: +r.endDate/1000
})))

If there are recurrences I can expand the above to include those.

If you have any data sets, you can attach them here or on the GitHub issuehttps://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/2409.

Thanks!

Post by braincept »

Hi Team,

Please find the JSON data in attached document.

Attachments
eventstore-data.json
(15.8 KiB) Downloaded 81 times

Post by dongryphon »

Thank you! This will be very helpful.