Our powerful JS Calendar component

Post by braincept »

When loading the calendar, we receive the events from the backend and then this error throws:

core.js:5973 ERROR TypeError: Cannot set property 'overflowX' of undefined
    at _0x1c310c._0x3393b9 [as updateElementLayoutNow] (calendar.lite.umd.js:10)
    at _0x1c310c.<anonymous> (calendar.lite.umd.js:10)
    at _0x1c310c._0x2dc2ed (calendar.lite.umd.js:10)
    at calendar.lite.umd.js:10
    at ZoneDelegate.invokeTask (zone-evergreen.js:399)
    at Object.onInvokeTask (core.js:28225)
    at ZoneDelegate.invokeTask (zone-evergreen.js:398)
    at Zone.runTask (zone-evergreen.js:167)
    at invokeTask (zone-evergreen.js:480)
    at ZoneTask.invoke (zone-evergreen.js:469)

Only when we hover over the calendar, the events are shown in the calendar.

Any idea why this happens? The problem is we cannot send a runable project because it is already deeply integrated into our application.

Thanks and best regards,
Patrick

Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-02 um 15.20.44.png
Bildschirmfoto 2020-12-02 um 15.20.44.png (183.78 KiB) Viewed 1565 times

Post by pmiklashevich »

Hello Patrick!

Any idea why this happens? The problem is we cannot send a runable project because it is already deeply integrated into our application.

Please try to replicate this with one of our demos. We must be able to debug the issue. You can see here the Calendar Angular demo. https://bryntum.com/examples/calendar/frameworks/angular/filtering/dist/filtering/index.html Does it work for you?

If you say that you have already integrated the calendar and have applied lots of changes, so it worked first, then it stopped working. What did you do? What made it to break for you? Please provide more details so we can help.

What calendar version are you using?

Best,
Pavel

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by braincept »

After hours of debugging we finally found the issue. Bryntum calendar does not work in combination with angular content projection.

We created a runnable example and we can reproduce the bug there. Please analyze and fix it, thanks!

Post by pmiklashevich »

Thanks for the testcase, we will check. Please take a note to never include our libs to the testcase. I have to remove your attachment.

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by pmiklashevich »

Your testcase is good. Thanks! I confirm event drag and event creation is broken. Ticket here: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/2029

Though I didn't see the error you produced in the first post. Is it gone?

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by braincept »

No, the error is still coming (also in the testcase from us).

Post by pmiklashevich »

Please download the latest sources from the Customer zone. Download the zip I attached (almost the same testcase you attached, just made it more slimmer).
Copy the testcase to "src" folder of Calendar/examples/frameworks/angular/filtering demo
npm i && npm run start
Let me know please if you see the error in this testcase. If not, try to apply minimal changes to it to start receiving it.

Attachments
app.zip
(6.1 KiB) Downloaded 136 times

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by steves_bryntum »

Any updates on this? I am getting the same error and the same behavior using Bryntum Calendar 5.2.7.

Post by Animal »

Please start a new thread. The message may be the same, but if you are using the latest version, the cause is likely to be different.

In any case we will need details of how you are writing your application. Right now we have no idea how to reproduce this error to find out what is happening.

Even a screenshot of the state in the debugger when you break on that error would be helpful.