Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by peter4ef »

We have a project where we save our project data to the server. We wanted to add the field LateEndDate to the fields that we save, but we ran into an issue and were able to reproduce it in one of your demo projects. In the attached project gantt-5.1.1-trial\examples\frameworks\react\javascript\inline-data, I added several fields to the gantt including lateEndDate. And I added an onDataChange event to the gantt which writes the changes to the console when they happen.

If I run this project, and move one of the tasks in a way that changes the end date of the project several changes are written to the console. Here I can usually see that properties like the constraintDate,startDate,endDate etc are changed. In the grid, I can see that the late end date was also changed, but this is not written to the console.

Then when I double click any task and open the task editor, a new series of changes is written to the console. These do contain the lateEndDate changes for any task where this changed, the way I expected to be included in the earlier events.

Why are these changes not recorded when dragging a task, and is there a way to trigger the right event in the code, so we can collect these changes without having to open the task editor window?

Attachments
inline-data.zip
(1.95 MiB) Downloaded 20 times

Post by marcio »

Hi peter4ef,

This is actually a bug, I created a ticket to fix it https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/5038

Best regards,
Márcio