Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by Exigo »

Hello,

I have an issue where the Gantt view is "jumping" to the selected task start date whenever I click "ctrl". I cannot find any documentation on why this should be happening, because this is a behavior I would very much like to disable.

I came across this because I was trying to implement the "pan" feature.

It is easy to replicate this on your advanced Gantt example, by setting

pan : true 

in the features.

It kind of behaves like the option "scrollTaskIntoViewOnCellClick" only by clicking ctrl while in the viewer instead of clicking on a cell.

Can you point me towards the function or feature that I need to look at to disable this behavior?

Cheers
Andreas @ Exigo

Post by alex.l »

Hi Andreas,

I have an issue where the Gantt view is "jumping" to the selected task start date whenever I click "ctrl".

Could you please provide steps to reproduce the issue, it's not clear to me what is "click Ctrl". I tried to enable 'pan' feature, clicked on some task, scroll right to not see the task (if we expected timeline to be scrolled back), and pressed Ctrl button. I don't see any moves after that. If I do mouse click with Ctrl button pressed, I see context menu, but still no scroll/jumps happened.

All the best,
Alex

Post by Exigo »

Hello Alex,

I have attached a small video that shows what I did.

At second 8-9 of the video I press my 'left control key', after clicking on the row. And this causes it to jump to the left and "scroll task into view"

It does not do this if the scroll bar has just been clicked.. so the schedule view must be in focus before this happens

*Edit: I just confirmed that his happens for me even if the pan feature is not enabled.. as long as a row is clicked and selected and I press control, it jumps to the start date of that row/event
I have tested this on 3 different computers with different browsers as well

Attachments
2022-06-23_12h49_08.mp4
(2.47 MiB) Downloaded 31 times

Post by tasnim »

Thanks for reporting.
I've created a ticket for that. We'll check what's wrong! Here is the ticket: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/4848