Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by mv2022 »

When changing the date filter to update the project start date, nothing happens. The Start Date for the task remains the same. I'm not sure if I am updating the wrong properties or If I need to include something else.

setProjectStartDateChange(value : any): void {
        this.gantt.startDate = DateHelper.add(value, -1, 'week');
        this.gantt.setStartDate(value);
      }
 <bryntum-date-field
    label="Project Start"
    width="17em"
    (onChange)="setProjectStartDateChange($event)"
    ></bryntum-date-field>
Attachments
project-start-date.PNG
project-start-date.PNG (42.94 KiB) Viewed 302 times

Post by marcio »

Hey,

At the onChange method, you're passing the $event as a parameter, with that, if you check the value variable here setProjectStartDateChange(value : any) you'll see that the correct value is passed inside it as a property, if you change to this everything will work correctly

setProjectStartDateChange(event: any): void {
    const date = event.value;
    this.gantt.setStartDate(date);
}

Best regards,
Márcio

Post by mv2022 »

I tried doing this as well and the Gantt chart does not update the task to the new project start date. I'm using the inline-date demo.

export class AppComponent implements OnInit, AfterViewInit {

etc ...

ganttConfig = ganttConfig; projectConfig = projectConfig; private gantt!: Gantt; private project!: ProjectModel; private dataSet = 0; @ViewChild('gantt') ganttComponent!: BryntumGanttComponent; @ViewChild('project') projectComponent!: BryntumProjectModelComponent; // Inject data service constructor(private dataService:DataService) {} ngAfterViewInit(): void { this.project = this.projectComponent?.instance; this.gantt = this.ganttComponent?.instance; this.gantt.project = this.project; } ngOnInit(): void { // Get initial data Object.assign(this, this.dataService.getData()); } setProjectStartDateChange(event : any): void { this.gantt.startDate = DateHelper.add(event.value, -1, 'week'); this.gantt.setStartDate(event.value); } }
<div class = "demo-toolbar align-right">
    <bryntum-date-field
    label="Project Start"
    width="17em"
    (onChange)="setProjectStartDateChange($event)"
    ></bryntum-date-field>
</div>

<bryntum-project-model
    #project
		etc....
</bryntum-project-model>
<bryntum-gantt
    #gantt
		etc...
</bryntum-gantt>

Post by marcio »

Hey,

When you use

this.gantt.setStartDate(event.value);

you are setting the Gantt current view to that date.

To update the project, you need to use

this.project.startDate = event.value;

Best regards,
Márcio