Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by mv2022 »

When creating a subtask and the user selects a column with a dropdown, when selecting an item from the dropdown, it does not reflect in the UI and displays the default value. This only happens for subtask and not for the initial main parent.

However, if the user re-clicks in the subtask column, I can see the selected item but if I click out again, the column is blank.

For example, in the image below, if the user selects Design Assist, the UI, it doesn't update in the UI.

Attachments
Subtask, the user selects an item from the dropdown
Subtask, the user selects an item from the dropdown
Image_one.PNG (46.53 KiB) Viewed 940 times
the column is blank
the column is blank
Image_two.PNG (16.16 KiB) Viewed 940 times
if the user re-clicks, the selected item does display but if the user clicks away, the column is blank again
if the user re-clicks, the selected item does display but if the user clicks away, the column is blank again
Image_three.PNG (12.2 KiB) Viewed 940 times

Post by mats »

Can you please share how you configured your column?

Post by mv2022 »

What I do notice is that if I collapse the column up and down, the drop down-down colulmn starts to display the selected item.

export const ganttConfig = {
    project : {
        // no data
    },

columns : [
    { type : 'wbs' },
    { type : 'name' },
    { field : 'city', text : 'City', flex : 1, editor: {
        type: 'dropdown',
        items: [ 'Stockholm', 'New York', 'Moscow', 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E', 'F', 'G' ]
    } },
],

etc .... 

app.component.ts

public taskStoreConfig = {
        fields : ['city']
     };
<bryntum-project-model
    #project
    [calendar]     = "projectConfig.calendar!"
    [startDate]    = "projectConfig.startDate!"
    [hoursPerDay]  = "projectConfig.hoursPerDay!"
    [daysPerMonth] = "projectConfig.daysPerMonth!"
    [tasks]        = "tasks"
    [timeRanges]   = "timeRanges"
    [assignments]  = "assignments"
    [resources]    = "resources"
    [dependencies] = "dependencies"
    [calendars]    = "calendars"
    [taskStore]="taskStoreConfig"
</bryntum-project-model>

Post by alex.l »

Here is a runnable example that uses your code and works well. Please check and compare to your solution, I guess the problem in something else.

Attachments
inline-data.zip
(283.91 KiB) Downloaded 57 times

All the best,
Alex

Post by mv2022 »

Hi Alex,

The same problem happens with your example solution. I attached a recording of the issue.

Thanks

Attachments
Bryntum Gantt - Inline data in Angular Gantt - Google Chrome 2022-05-16 8_51_47 AM.mp4
(6.95 MiB) Downloaded 53 times

Post by tasnim »

Thank you for your report. Reproduced the bug! Here is a ticket : https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/4625

Best regards,
Tasnim

Post by mv2022 »

Do you know how long it might take to fix this bug issue? Thanks.

Post by tasnim »

I can't say anything about that yet but you should track the ticket to see when there is a progress on it

Post by mv2022 »

Hi Tasnim,

Will this issue be resolved in the next couple of weeks or so ? We do need an estimate of how long it might take since this feature is needed for our next release.

Thanks

Post by tasnim »

Sorry, I can't say anything about that yet, Not likely to be resolved in the next couple of weeks.

Best regards,
Tasnim