Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by Jerther »

We really like this feature! It'd be quite nice to have a built-in way of editing global timespans, and also an additional tab in the task editor to edit a task's timespans, all this along with a TimespanStore and everything ;) I managed to do this myself but having this built-in would be awesome!

Do you have any plans in this regard?

Post by mats »

Glad you like it :)

The idea with these timespans was mainly to have them as temporary visual objects and not constantly present to clutter the UI. Your idea makes sense, do you mind sharing a screenshot of how you use them? Sounds like you made a nice extension! https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/4572

Post by Jerther »

Sure! :D

This is a first iteration. I plan on adding other properties like padding and color to the timespans grid.

If I mix a task and a "global" timespan:

Colors would make overlapping timespans look better so it's probably what I'll implement next.

Now of course we don't track who's cooking and to be honest we have yet to find a real use for the timespans, but our project management director said he certainly will when I release the feature ;)

Post by Jerther »

Now with color pickers! :)

I hope you find this inspiring ;)

Post by mats »

Looks excellent, really nice work again! Thanks for sharing and we are looking forward to your next post 😀