Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by mdl »

Hey all,

I'm having a weird problem where if I add a dependency programmatically or via drag and drop, and then subsequently remove it during the same session, the grid retains the arrow while the store no longer contains the dependency records associated with the arrow.

For whatever reason, if there's a dependency present after a fresh load(), those can be removed without any problem. And removeAll() seems to work as well. Just removing those records in the store that have the virtual ID seem to not work for me.

If I try and reproduce this in the Basic Example environment, it works like I'd expect, so its probably something related to my specific set of conditions. Before trying to strip stuff out until I find the specific config to reproduce, I figured I'd ask first to see if this is something known with a resolution

Post by mats »

Doesn't ring a bell... Are you on latest version? I'd give that a try first in case it's something we did fix. Otherwise, try to modify our standard samples to find the condition that triggers it, then we will fix it!

Post by mdl »

I was not - but I did upgrade from 4.2.0 to 4.3.1 and the problem appears to be resolved so far despite me not really seeing much in the changelogs that would indicate it. Either way - awesome, thanks for the suggestion. I'm mostly commenting to make sure anyone else searching on the same issue has a reference on what worked for me. I'll return if it turns out its still happening (it was kind of intermittently working before)

Post by mdl »

Nevermind - it fixes the situation where you're adding the dependency programmatically, but if you drag/drop to create it, the problem persists.

Post by alex.l »

Hi mdl,

Would be nice to have clear steps to reproduce the issue and the test case where it is reproducible. Or, try to reproduce it in our online examples, or apply required changes to it and attach a runnable app here. We should be able to reproduce it to figure it out.

Thanks!

All the best,
Alex