Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by shaveta »

In the new version(4.3.1) the copy/paste rows having dependencies working well, I have a requirement if for the set of tasks copied predecessor or successor is missing, instead of setting predecessor/successor field to blank, link it to the original task

Can you please recommend which event I can use to handle this or is there something like this available in existing functionality.

Any help on how to achieve this is really appreciated!!

Post by mats »

In the next release you can try using the new 'beforePaste' event and process the clipboard tasks as you need.

Post by shaveta »

mats wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:08 pm

In the next release you can try using the new 'beforePaste' event and process the clipboard tasks as you need.

Thanks Mats!! Any timeline for next release?

Post by mats »

4.3.2 should be out in 2-3w.

Post by shaveta »

I have tried to make use of beforePaste event but it didn't trigger. Is there anything wrong i am doing?

taskCopyPaste: {
                listeners : {
                    beforePaste : ({ event }) => {
                          console.log(event);
                    }
                }
            }

Post by mats »

Put the listener on the Gantt instance directly, not on the feature.

Post by shaveta »

mats wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:44 am

Put the listener on the Gantt instance directly, not on the feature.

Thanks!! it worked!!

My initial request was, I want to keep original dependencies for tasks if those are not present in copied data. Is there any example where data for a task is manipulated before paste?
Could you please suggest me how this can be achieved?

Post by mats »

It's not yet possible but we've opened this FR to investigate: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/3682

Post by shaveta »

mats wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:25 pm

It's not yet possible but we've opened this FR to investigate: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/3682

Thanks Mats!! Is it possible to provide some feature where if dependencies are not part of copied tasks, link those tasks to original dependencies otherwise remove dependency(doing now)

Post by mats »

You'll be able to solve this once we implement the mentioned FR above.