Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by derulker »

Hello,

I am trying to hide the tooltip that shows up on hover of a dependency line.

Is this the correct way to configure the tooltip?

features: {
    dependencies: {
        tooltip: {
        },
    },
}

When I try adding this to my gantt config, I get errors and a blank screen on hover.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 11.00.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 11.00.16 AM.png (469.57 KiB) Viewed 386 times

Post by mats »

That looks correct yes, works for me (just tested it). Can you please modify one of our samples to reproduce this and upload the full sources here so we can inspect?

Post by derulker »

Tested it with one of your demos and it is working.

It seems like there is something weird going on on my end. The errors mention the task resize feature, so I tried changing the related code. When I comment out this part:

taskResize: {
        tip: {
            cls: 'plan-TimelineCalendar-resizeTooltip'
        },
    }

the dependency tooltip config works.

I can't seem to figure out why that is, as both the customized dependency tooltip and customized task resize tooltip work in the demo. For now I will just style using your classes rather than my custom class.

Post by mats »

If you can modify one of our demos to show the error, we'd be happy to investigate. Could it be that you're on an older version? Try upgrading to latest?

Post by derulker »

I updated to the latest (4.3.1), but I am still experiencing this. I will keep you updated on whether or not I can reproduce this with one of your demos.

Another possibly related issue I am seeing is when I hide the dependency tooltip:

features: {
    dependencies: {
            getHtml: () => { return ''; }
        },
    },
}

I get a console error when I hover over a dependency line then navigate away (the Bryntum component unmounts). I am not sure how to reproduce unmounting with your demos.

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 1.26.34 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 1.26.34 PM.png (138.67 KiB) Viewed 368 times

The error is similar to one I have seen before for resize https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/2914

Post by derulker »

My workaround for now is to just hide the dependency tooltip using CSS rather than the config object:

#b-gantt-1-dependency-tip {
  display: none;
}

Post by saki »

I have modified our basic Gantt React demo by adding the following chunk to AppConfig.js:

const ganttConfig = {
    dependenciesFeature: {
            getHtml: () => {
                return '';
            }
        }
    },

and it worked without error. The effect was not showing dependency tooltips as expected.

Post please a runnable showcase, we would like to investigate the nature and cause of the error.