Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by licjapodaca »

Hi there, there is an unexpected behavior with Gantt component in Windows 10 with the current version of Chrome, in MAC with current version of Chrome everything is OK as you can see in the following animated GIF:

problem-with-gantt.gif
problem-with-gantt.gif (5.39 MiB) Viewed 275 times

Here it's my setup:

• In my web app I use your two components (Gantt and Taskboard), the version I use is 4.2.1 of both components.

• I load them up as follows:

problem-with-gantt-02.png
    problem-with-gantt-02.png (918.98 KiB) Viewed 275 times
  • Then I create their instances from windows.bryntum.gantt and window.bryntum.taskboard respectively.

• Then I define and prepare a new Language 'Spanish' like so:

registerLocale: function () {
    	return {
    		localeName: 'Es',
    		localeDesc: 'Español',
    		// Every variable that I need to translate is here
    	};
    },

• Then, after I create the instance of the Gantt component, I setup the new language like so:

// variable me is an instance of the sencha extjs ViewController of the Gantt component
    // and _gantt is the variable of the Gantt instance that I have created in the previous step

me.getView()._gantt.localeManager.throwOnMissingLocale = true;

me.getView()._gantt.localeManager.registerLocale('Es', {
    	desc: 'Español',
    	locale: me.registerLocale() // This is the function that returns the json of the previous step
    });

me.getView()._gantt.localeManager.applyLocale('Es');

me.getView()._gantt.project.load().then(function () {
    	// I run this to filter the AddNew column just with some fields that I use
    	me.getView()._gantt.columns.findRecord('type', 'addnew').combo.store.filter(colRec => {
    		let columnas = null;

switch (colRec.id) {
    		case 'enddate':
    		case 'resourceassignment':
    		case 'wbs':
    			columnas = colRec;
    		break;
    	}

return columnas;
    });

me.getView()._gantt.recompose();

me.getView()._gantt.scrollToNow({ block: "center", animate: true });

});

With all the previous setup I have issues in Windows 10 with the current version of Chrome like:

• The Gantt columns appears in English and not in the language that I defined (Spanish).

• If I move the Gantt columns from some position to another they disappears.

• The first visit to the Gantt does not trigger the load() method of the _gantt.project.

• The last column 'addNew' does not filter its records.

• etc, a lot of incorrect behaviors in Gantt in Windows 10 using the current version of Chrome.

But everything is OK in a Mac with the current version of Chrome.

Can you help us please ... because it's closing the release date of our solution in the cloud.

Regards

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

Hello.
Hard to tell just from the description. It feels like taskboard and gantt bundles are in conflict. Did it work before? When this issue first appeared? Were there any major changes related, like adding gantt or taskboard to the page, or maybe a version upgrade? What if you load taskboard bundle and app before you load the gantt? Does it work if you use the gantt alone? Which chrome version exactly do you use?

We can try to reproduce this issue locally without extjs, but we'd need to know more about your app. Can you provide some code snippets showing the config you use to instantiate components and the locale?

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

Can we get access to your site so we could try to debug it online?