Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by foursite »

Hi,
Hope you guys are doing well,
I have a dataset which when i load in gannt produces strange error complaining about depedency , and this error goes away if i disable feature "criticalPaths"
i am attaching the test case code i would be delighted if you can guide me what i am doing wrong , because this error comes up times to time and only way to remove that error is find the offending depedency and remove it and which is not very practical , so i was wondering if i can know what is causing this

Attachments
gantt-test-case.js
(1.84 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

Post by mats »

Looks like invalid data, dependencies point to tasks not part of your dataset. We should warn in this case instead of throwing error though.

Post by foursite »

No this does not looks like the case sir (i just forgot to cleanup depedencies array ) , i have cleanedup depedencies array to have data for only tasks which are in tree , but the error is same you can check

Post by mats »

Please upload valid data json file and we will check

Post by foursite »

while the data was already provided as url in test case js file but as you asked i am uploading seperatley too

Attachments
test-data.json
(46.31 KiB) Downloaded 69 times

Post by mats »

Thanks that helped, we'll look into it! https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/2749

Post by arcady »

The root cause is the provided dataset is dirty. There are few tasks starting before the project actually starts. The Gantt does its best by aligning automatically scheduled tasks but it can't do anything w/ manually scheduled tasks at the moment.

Manually scheduled task w/ id==13871 called SOC GO LIVE starts 2021-04-26 08:00:00 (before the project start date 2021-06-07 08:00:00) and also forces CONSTRUCTION/FIT OUT and Fosse Park parent tasks to start on the same date.

It seems critical paths feature is not ready for such datasets. We'll try to improve it to handle such cases gracefully.

So a quick workround at the moment is: adjusting that manually scheduled task start date or the project start date. Then the feature will start working as expected.