Our state of the art Gantt chart

Post by Jerther »

Hi!

Here's another one that relies on a sync request reply. I've included a test case. Here are the steps to replicate:

• Right click on the task in row 3 and click Edit
  • In the resources tab, change the units of the assignment to 90
  • Click outside the grid to pre-apply the changes
  • Notice the bars have correctly resized
  • Now hit Save

Result:

• The startDate of task in row 1 has changed and the bar has shrunk a lot.

Expected result:

• The startDate of task in row does not change.

Additional details:

• If the sync query that happens when saving was actually saved, a reload of the data would fix the problem.
Attachments
test-parent-startdate.zip
(2.27 MiB) Downloaded 126 times

Post by Jerther »

Ah! I think it has something to do with the fact that the parent task is "Fixed Units" and "Effort Driven"...

Post by sergey.maltsev »

Hi, Jerther!

I've downloaded and tested your application.
Unfortunately I can't reproduce the bug or I miss something.

Please see attached gif. I've tried closing Task edit without and with saving changes.
If you have video to display the bug please attach it.

Docs for "Fixed Units" and "Effort Driven" fields
https://www.bryntum.com/docs/gantt/#Gantt/model/TaskModel#field-schedulingMode
https://www.bryntum.com/docs/gantt/#Gantt/model/TaskModel#field-effortDriven

TaskEfforChange.gif
TaskEfforChange.gif (1.07 MiB) Viewed 1942 times

Post by Jerther »

Hmm, quite strange indeed. Can you make sure the sync query actually occurs and that the reply contains what's in the response.json file?

I'll make a screencast shortly.

Post by Jerther »

There you go ;)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19mmEaQ5moDHhqscU8IT6bfRtNCgOe9mA/view

You'll notice that I also try to cancel the modification like you did, then redo it, and then save it, and I obtain a different result.

Post by sergey.maltsev »

Hi!

Could you please specify the exact gantt version you use?

Post by Jerther »

The version is the one included in the attached demo: 2.1.5

Post by sergey.maltsev »

Hi, Jerther!

I have rechecked your attached example from test-parent-startdate.zip and still don't see any problems with parent task display.
I've unpacked it to folder and started index.html via local webserver with Chrome 83.0 ( + Disabled cache in Dev tools).

Actually if server does no changes to tasks it should just return this. No need for any data inside.

{ "success": true }

Try with the latest Nightly build from CustomerZone.

Also may be you have any other example we can check?

Post by Jerther »

Well if the server should not return data that's accepted as is, then this problem is irrelevant as it relies on it.

Just for the sake of it I tried with a nightly build (2020-07-07-release) on Chrome 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit) and I get the same result.

It makes sens though not to return the same data. I'll make that modification to our server. This might as well fix some other hard-to-pin problems we have.

Still, it is really strange that you don't get the same result. Unfortunately I don't have another example. But should you want to get to the bottom of this, I'll be happy to help.

Thanks!!