Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by pmiklashevich »

Hi team!

You're using some methods on BrowserHelper in examples/_shared/shared.js (for example in scheduler) to implement the theme switcher in your demos. To store the selected value in LocalStorage you're using: storageAvailable, setLocalStorageItem, getLocalStorageItem, removeLocalStorageItem. We find them useful. Could you please consider to make them public? Thanks in advance.

Best,
Pavel

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by alex.l »

Hi Pavel,

Why do you need those public and don't use localStorage directly? We didn't do a lot with that.

All the best,
Alex

Post by pmiklashevich »

Hi Alex! Yes, the helper has many useful stuff in there. So it would be nice to review the file and make things public if possible. What I have seen so far, a developer of my team referred to your shared.js file to see how the theme picker is implemented. He found the usage and copy-pasted the methods to our source code. I don't like the idea of copy-pasting and I believe it is a valid request to make those functions public. They provide a safe way to work with localStorage. So before read/write/delete it checks if the local storage is available.

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer