Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by xnasav »

Hey Bryntum-Team,

We think we just found an error with the infiniteScroll parameter. Steps to reproduce:

• Goto to export example https://bryntum.com/examples/examples-scheduler/export/
    • Add
      infiniteScroll : true,
      to scheduler config
    • Scroll to the very far left (e.g. May 2021 / May 2020)
    • Click export, select Schedule Range = Date Range and insert the time range in which events are inserted (for me this was like 01.05 to 30.08)
    • Hit export.

The export will fail with either following error message

Screenshot 2022-05-13 at 17.23.09.png
Screenshot 2022-05-13 at 17.23.09.png (24.24 KiB) Viewed 908 times

or gets stuck completely (shortened the video, might run for hours if not reload)

Screen Recording 2022-05-13 at 17.14.39.mov
(364 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

Please validate if you can reproduce or you need more information from us.
Best regards

Post by mats »

We will investigate, thanks for reporting! https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/4614

Post by xnasav »

Hi Mats,
Thanks for the quick response. I've experimented a little bit with the exporter and was able to produce this error even with infiniteScroll set to false:

1. Increase the number of events (e.g. 50 resources, 50 events per resource)

1. Zoom into the schedule (e.g. using the trackpad)
    2. Scroll to the bottom right corner (this also works when not scrolling sometimes, but I was able to reproduce it with scrolling nearly consistently)
    3. Hit export and select a date range with orders (e.g. mid may until mid august)
    4. 'Could not scroll to date error' occurs.

An unrelated error occurred for me when I tried to export a schedule with a lot of orders (100 resources * 50 events) while being zoomed in:

Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 10.22.31.png
Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 10.22.31.png (35.72 KiB) Viewed 881 times

This leads to the export to seem like it is stuck:

Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 10.25.55.png
Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 10.25.55.png (34.44 KiB) Viewed 881 times

Post by alex.l »

Thanks for clarifications, I've reproduced and updated the ticket.

All the best,
Alex

Post by alex.l »

Could you please download latest 5.1.0-alpha-1 release and try to reproduce this issue? I cannot reproduce it in latest code version.

All the best,
Alex

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

Hello.
First issue with infinite scroll in not reproducible on latest nightly build. In 5.0.5 we released a fix which disabled infinite scrolling during export which probably also fixed your problem: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/4667. Please try with latest release to see if you still face the problem.

Speaking of another issue: processExportContent is not a function I suspect it might be related to this note:

I've experimented a little bit with the exporter and was able to produce this error even with infiniteScroll set to false

This function is defined on the feature class instance and it is called after exported has done its job:

await exporter.export()
await this.receiveExportContent(...)
await this.processExportContent(...)

If it doesn't exist, it could mean two things:

1. Component got destroyed while waiting for the content. Try logging this.isDestroying before this call. If it is destoyed indeed, I'd recommend to postpone destroy until scheduler triggers pdfExport event
  2. It actually doesn't exist because your pdfExport feature uses different class implementation without this function defined. Could you post code related to experiments with exporters? We can check if it is correct and guide you through.

Post by xnasav »

Sorry for the late response.
@Alex: We will update to 5.1.0 asap and check if the error still exist. Thanks for the information!
@Maxim: The things I find are always reproduced with the export example provided on your website. To produce the error I simply followed the steps I mentioned above, so there was no 'custom' code involved, just tweaking the available parameters a little bit. However I am also not able to reproduce these errors anymore, so they might be fixed already with 5.0.5

I invested some time and tested (with your example on 5.0.5) and found one issue still. Parameters like scrolling state, export params and tweaked variables can be extracted from the screenshot.
It seems like infiniteScrolling was not the reason for "could not scroll to date error" (as you said it is disabled by default during export):

could not scroll to date
could not scroll to date
Screenshot 2022-06-17 at 10.55.47.png (384.94 KiB) Viewed 696 times

However I cam currently not able to produce other errors, so thanks a lot :)

Post by alex.l »

Hi xnasav,

Not clear from your message if you still have errors in latest version or not.
If you still have it, could you please provide steps to reproduce since we don't see any problems.

All the best,
Alex

Post by xnasav »

Hi Alex,
Yes I am still able to produce an error with your examples.

1. Insert
    infiniteScroll: true
  2. Scroll to the right (in the comment above I scrolled to 2023, today I scrolled to Dec 2022)
  3. Enable Dependencies
  4. Hit export, select export date range, select a date range with events, select landscape mode (e.g. May - August 2022)
  5. Hit export -> Error occurred.

Please hit me up if still unclear.
Best regards

Post by tasnim »

I'm not able to reproduce it.

(in the comment above I scrolled to 2023, today I scrolled to Dec 2022)

I'm not sure what you mean by this line, I tried to scroll to 2023 and Dec 2022.