Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by nramos »

Hi!

I have a problem when I zoom in the gantt and I want to move a task. I receive a null null and it does not let me move it and after a while of trying it stays stuck and I receive an error in the console(maximun call stack size), I attach images.

It only works when moving the task from month to month, as I show in the image, but if I want to move by days it throws the error.

Ty.

Attachments
month by month it works.JPG
month by month it works.JPG (78.69 KiB) Viewed 632 times
error null null.JPG
error null null.JPG (110.14 KiB) Viewed 632 times

Post by mats »

How can we reproduce this?

Post by nramos »

Post by mats »

What version of our product? And how can we reproduce it? Can you please provide a simple test case?

Post by nramos »

V4.2.5, Does it help you if I send you the json with the data?

Post by mats »

Yes, if you can attach it here along with your Gantt configuration we can investigate

Post by nramos »

I attach json with the data that I pass to the Gantt and I attach the component's configuration.

stay tuned.

Attachments
configGantt.rar
(1.61 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
evenstData.json
(156.5 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

Post by alex.l »

Hi nramos,

I applied tasks data from the JSON you attached to our advanced example for Gantt and checked the configGantt.vue file. It works good in our demo, I am able to move tasks in any zoom level. Seems like the problem in different, very possible it's a runtime problem because of watchers (I see some in your code fragment) or caused by another part of JSON data you use ( I don't see project config, dependencies, assignments and other parts in the file you've attached).

Could you please try to zip a runnable app, so we will be able to reproduce the problem?

Thanks in advance!

All the best,
Alex

Post by nramos »

Hi Alex,

I share 2 non-executable projects, but here is all the code I use:

On the one hand I have the isolated component of the gantt and in the other project I implement it, one is in vue2 and the other in vue3.

components-vue(Gantt bryntum implementation):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IAUm3Jhut414jGlkKl1ePhefxHqbprv0/view?usp=sharing

dashboard-builder - copy.rar(where do i implement the gantt) views/Planning
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LED48JsK8WiFXEwCK2YiVJgaIazFJmrp/view?usp=sharing

stay tuned.

Post by alex.l »

Hi nramos,

I reviewed relevant files from the code you've attached. Since it is a huge and not runnable, all I was able to do is check it visually for obvious problems and try your configuration and JSON data in our example.

JSON data that I found in components-vue - copy/src/components/Gantt/examples/builder_project.json file had incorrect format, which I had to change to use it. there is no "rows" sub-object in the hierarchy, but I believe you know that and handled that because you have it working on your screenshots. All about data format here: https://bryntum.com/docs/gantt/#Scheduler/guides/data/crud_manager.md
Another problem with JSON data is empty objects, that causes errors in console.
After I removed them I was able to use JSON you sent and test it. I am not able to replicate the problem.

I believe this is runtime problem that we have to reproduce to know the reason and help you. It will be great if you make a simple and runnable app to replicate the problem.

Please, check the console if any errors appeared. Try to remove watchers that updates data in your Gantt, check if it happened after initial data loaded. Try to use debugger to see the data in the store, when it updated, what data was loaded to the Gantt, where from these null dates come.

All the best,
Alex