Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by pzs »

Hi,

I'm using scheduler.module.js from React and would like to use a custom event layout extending the Stack one. Currently I didn't really find the proper way to do that, that the reason I'm looking for help...

The current way:

import { Scheduler, SchedulerEventRendering } from '@bryntum/scheduler';

// NOTE: HorizontalLayoutStack is not exported
const HorizontalLayoutStack = SchedulerEventRendering().defaultConfig.horizontalLayoutStackClass;

class MyHorizontalLayout extends HorizontalLayoutStack {
  // ...
}

class MyScheduler extends Scheduler {
  construct(config = {}) {
    super.construct(config);
    this.horizontalLayoutStackClass = MyHorizontalLayout;
  }
}

What would be the proper way to use custom event layout?
Thanks

Post by mats »

Can you please show us an example of your desired layout, and explain the logic of how it should lay out the events?

Post by pzs »

We have multiple type of events inside one resource and we're displaying them in separate bands inside this one resource with custom type of stacking.
That's the reason we needed custom layout; and it's great you have this class system and we can easily create a custom layout, however we can't apply them that easily... (also extending is not that easy, since this class is not exported from the module)

Post by pzs »

Our custom layout looks like this (this is one row): see attached picture

Attachments
layout2.png
layout2.png (2.23 KiB) Viewed 3441 times

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

Hello.
At the moment there is not public API to properly customize the event layout. I've opened a feature request to fix this: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/3315

It looks like you found a way to override the stack layout class. So in order to split events to different bands by type you can override findClosestSuccessor. This method iterates over the events and looks for event to put next to the right from the current one. You can do smth like:

class MyHorizontalLayout extends HorizontalLayoutStack {
    findClosestSuccessor(eventRenderData, events) {
        const
            eventEnd    = eventRenderData.endMS,
            isMilestone = eventRenderData.eventRecord && eventRenderData.eventRecord.duration === 0,
            eventType   = eventRenderData.eventRecord.eventType;

let minGap      = Infinity,
            closest,
            gap,
            event;

for (let i = 0, l = events.length; i < l; i++) {
            event = events[i];

gap = event.startMS - eventEnd;

if (
                gap >= 0 && gap < minGap &&
                eventType === event.eventRecord.eventType &&
                // Two milestones should not overlap
                (gap > 0 || event.endMS - event.startMS > 0 || !isMilestone)
            ) {
                closest = i;
                minGap  = gap;
            }
        }

return closest;
    }
}

You can also check this forum post which sheds some light on current eventlayout implementation: viewtopic.php?p=88349#p88349

Post by pzs »

I've opened a feature request to fix this: #3315

Thanks!!! I'm looking forward to it.
Also I'll checked the linked forum topic.

This feature is implemented in the upcoming scheduler pro 4.3.0 release. You can take control over event rendering manually positioning them inside the row with eventLayout config.

https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/1854

Post by pzs »

Hi Maxim,

I see #3315 and #1854 are closed/fixed, but I'm not sure how to set the my own "MyHorizontalLayout" class (extends HorizontalLayoutStack) as eventLayout. Could you please give me a hint?

As well it seems "HorizontalLayoutStack" class is still not exported from the module, thus it's a bit harder to extend.

Hello.
We do not allow to configure layout class. Instead you can customize layout fn (and only in Scheduler Pro). You can extract applyLayout or similar method from your layout class and provide it as a config. Please refer to this doc article for more info: https://bryntum.com/docs/scheduler-pro/api/SchedulerPro/eventlayout/ProHorizontalLayout#manual-event-layout

Post by jeffrey1994 »

Maxim Gorkovsky wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:33 am

Hello.
We do not allow to configure layout class. Instead you can customize layout fn (and only in Scheduler Pro). You can extract applyLayout or similar method from your layout class and provide it as a config. Please refer to this doc article for more info: https://bryntum.com/docs/scheduler-pro/api/SchedulerPro/eventlayout/ProHorizontalLayout#manual-event-layout

This will only be possible for Scheduler Pro (even in Scheduler 3+)?