Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by gbrdhvndi »

This topic is related to a styling issue reported and fixed earlier:
https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/2725

If calendar.stockholm.css is loaded before schedulerpro.stockholm.css then the Calendar component stops reacting to mouse events and event rendering is a bit broken (all-day events disappear altogether):

first_calendar_then_schedulerpro.gif
first_calendar_then_schedulerpro.gif (10.13 MiB) Viewed 1268 times

However, if the stylesheets are loaded the other way around then everything seems to be working fine:

first_schedulerpro_then_calendar.gif
first_schedulerpro_then_calendar.gif (9.68 MiB) Viewed 1268 times

Are there any obvious fixes/workarounds available to unblock our dev teams?

Thank you.

Aleksei

Post by pmiklashevich »

Reproduced! Ticket is here: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/2820
We will contact you when we have a workaround. Stay tuned!

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by gbrdhvndi »

Thank you for picking this up so quick!

By the way, the Scheduler Pro style is also messing with the compact calendar view (date picker) to the left of the Calendar.
Note the change in the overall size (paddings around day numbers), the title background colour, and the selected day marker.

Aleksei

Post by pmiklashevich »

Thanks for your feedback. We will make sure this is fixed too. Cheers!

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

By the way, the Scheduler Pro style is also messing with the compact calendar view (date picker) to the left of the Calendar.

This is handled too.

If calendar.stockholm.css is loaded before schedulerpro.stockholm.css then the Calendar component stops reacting to mouse events

What do you mean by mouse events precisely? I can see it doesn't allow to create events by dragging the cells. I opened ticket for it here: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/2821

Post by gbrdhvndi »

Maxim,

Scrolling with trackpad and mouse wheel is broken. Dragging/resizing works fine.

Thanks.

Aleksei

Dragging didn't work for me on calendar 4.1.2 release. Which release do you use? Do you use any patches to fix calendar dragging?

Post by gbrdhvndi »

I'm on 4.1.2, too.

Screen Recording 2021-05-06 at 10.24.24.gif
Screen Recording 2021-05-06 at 10.24.24.gif (6.07 MiB) Viewed 1210 times

Aleksei

Thank you for the recording. I can surely see it is working, but I don't really know how, because in v4.1.2 CalendarDrag feature listens to the pointermove event on the document like this:

EventHelper.on({
  element : document,
  pointermove : ...
});

So when it receives pointer event from the document, it shouldn't be able to get the target, because of the Locker Service restrictions. That is what I saw locally.
I am curios as to what could be the cause? How do you create the calendar component? Is there some special markup or LWC features that you use?
Or maybe you override document variable for the bundle? We did similar thing to the undefined variable, to avoid expensive window.undefined call:

const { undefined } = window

Post by gbrdhvndi »

In the recording, I was using a custom "unified" build which includes both Scheduler Pro and the Calendar classes.

But it works this way with the standard calendar.lwc.module.js bundle, too.

If you drop me an email I can set up a zoom call to do a live demo if you want.

Aleksei