Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by johan.isaksson »

Hi,

I have tried to reproduce this issue on our latest sources, without success. I changed from suspendRefresh() to beginBatch() etc in our bigdataset demo as you described, but I am not seeing any onElementResize call in my performance profile. And the performance is only affected a little bit by using batch instead of suspend.

Could you try again on our latest version from the Customer Zone? Perhaps it is an issue that was resolved after the beta release.

Or please supply more details on how to reproduce

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson

Post by Giovanni Pini »

Thanks Johan,

Unfortunately I still can see this on the latest beta release (bryntum-scheduler-4.1.0-beta-2).

I attach a video to reproduce the onElementResize. Apparently the onElementResize is going to re-render everything because the scheduler width changed. Indeed when you start with 5 resources and you'll end with more than N, where N is going to require a vertical scroller, the onElementResize is responsible for redrawing the resources since the scheduler width is changed and now it is equal to: previousSchedulerWidth - scrollerWidth.

BTW this was only something we noticed and we wanted to share, it is only a detail of the original problem we posted. We'll wait for this https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/2358 to be released and we'll test again.

Attachments
4.1.0-beta-2_onElementResize.json
(14.14 MiB) Downloaded 85 times
onElementResize.zip
(27.34 MiB) Downloaded 106 times

Post by pmiklashevich »

Thanks for the video. I was able to reproduce the issue with onElementResize. When checking on MasOS need to enable system config to show scrollbars always. Then generate dataset with a few resources, so vertical scrollbar is not visible. Then generate more resources so the vertical scrollbar appears. It changes the available width for the timeaxis and that triggers Scheduler to redraw the ticks. We will try to address the issue in the future releases. Meanwhile please use suspendRefresh to prevent UI to be redrawn before data is fully loaded.

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by Giovanni Pini »

Dear Bryntum team,

As far as we've understood you manage to have quite good performances in Scheduler 4.1 but we don't see anything new in the nightly/beta changelogs. Performances are really an important matter in our application and we won't upgrade the Scheduler until we'll have the 3.x performances. Could you please share any update or ETA for the performances improvement?

Thanks

Post by johan.isaksson »

Hi,

The improvements are merged and at least available in nightlies. Did not add to changelog, will now.

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson