Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by henrikbackman »

Hi,

We've seen a big performance drop with your 4.0.X releases. In our service we update the store after we've done a request to backend, and when that is done we see that the render speed of an event between 3.1.9 and 4.0.3 has doubled. We have narrowed it down to an issue with your summaries (summary and groupsummary). If we turn them off the rendering is quick again. Also: It doesn't matter if we use your built in render functions, they are just as slow.

Are you aware of this issue?

Post by pmiklashevich »

Hello! We are not aware of it. Could you please submit a testcase showing bad performance? You can modify any of our examples. Please also share your numbers and the environment you have: computer CPU/RAM, the OS/browser versions. Do you import from modules or a bundle (module.js / umd.js)?

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by henrikbackman »

I'm missing an example where you load the initial content with crud manager and then schedule using a service (no event added before the service responds with success). If you can add that I can reproduce the issue.

I'm running the umd.js on a 2,4 GHz 8-Core i9, 64 GB of ram, macOS Big Sur in Chrome 87. But we can reproduce this on Windows machines using Chrome, Edge and Firefox.

Post by mats »

Could you please do a performance profile in Chrome dev tools when you see the sluggish behavior and attach it here so we can see what's going ok?

Post by henrikbackman »

Post by alex.l »

Hi henrikbackman,

There is no access by the link you provided.

All the best,
Alex

Post by henrikbackman »

Sorry, should be working now!

Post by pmiklashevich »

Yes, link works. I have downloaded your JSON. We will check and get back to you. Please write the numbers you have. Is it problem with loading time or something else? What's loading time for you?

Pavlo Miklashevych
Sr. Frontend Developer

Post by pzs »

We have also experienced performance decrease during upgrade from v3.1.8 to v4.0.7 and 4.1.0-beta-1: updating Event Records takes 2-3x longer in v4.x.
We don't use summary or groupsummary features.

Currently I can't provide more information since we postponed and did not finish the upgrade because of this issue. I just wanted to leave a note, this is not a unique issue.

Post by mats »

@pzs: We would really like to understand the root cause of this, could you please share some info on the steps to notice this? How do you update your events?