Premium support for our pure JavaScript UI components

Post by Giovanni Pini »

Hello, I tried to add to our Bryntum scheduler the tooltip feature. It works very well on desktop devices but has some issues with mobile devices.

My implementation
new Scheduler({
  features: {
    eventTooltip: {
      template: () => 'My tooltip'
    }
  }
});
Expected behavior
- Hover (desktop only): displays the tooltip
- Event Tap: executes the click callback with no tooltip displayed
- Event long tap: displays the tooltip with no click callback

Current behavior
Android
- Event Tap: executes the click callback with no tooltip displayed (as expected)
- Event long tap: displays the tooltip with no click callback as expected but, if I try a second time, it doesn't work anymore. I need to click another point to make it work again (it seems it needs to lose focus)

IOS
- Event Tap: executes the click callback and also displays the tooltip for a short moment
- Event long tap: do nothing, either click callback or tooltip are not fired/shown

I would like to have a common behavior for all mobile devices.
The best option would be to make it configurable but I understand it could take a while, so, for the moment, it would be good to just have the tooltip displayed with a long tap in both mobile devices.

Thank you
Best Regards
Giovanni

Post by mats »

Thanks for a good bug report, we'll discuss internally and you can track the status here: https://app.assembla.com/spaces/bryntum/tickets/9173-review-display-of-tooltips-on-desktop-+-mobile/details#

Post by Giovanni Pini »

Good morning, do you have any news regarding this issue? I see it still on "New" status

Best Regards
Giovanni

Post by mats »

No news yet, other tickets with higher priority have been keeping us busy