Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by Robert Hirst »

Is there a recommended way to receive events when the currently displayed time axis is changed?

I have found that I can bind an event handler to the timeAxisViewModel like so:
this.scheduler.timeAxisViewModel.on('update', this.axisUpdate.bind(this));
However, I'm concerned that since I can't see this property in the API documentation, it may not be a supported method.

Post by mats »

Ticket opened here, we'll get it fixed for 1.0. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

https://app.assembla.com/spaces/bryntum ... ed/details#

Post by johan.isaksson »

Hi Robert,

I am implementing the ticket that Mats created. With my current changes it will trigger a `timeAxisChange` event on scheduler when you for example change time span, zoom or change viewpreset.

What is your usecase? Does that sound enough?

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson
Best regards,
Johan Isaksson

Post by Robert Hirst »

Thanks, yes that would be perfect.

The use case is that I'd want to only load a subset of data from the back end at a time, as each record has a fairly hefty amount of data involved, and so I'd like to know when something has affected the visible range of dates.

I've implemented a chunked loading system, so when the app first opens, the current visible time span loads first, then other chunks are loaded in as the user moves around on the timeAxis.

Post by johan.isaksson »

Hello again,

I have pushed my changes, they will be part of next release and should show up in nightlies tonight.

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson
Best regards,
Johan Isaksson

Post by johan.isaksson »

Hi again,

Fix was part of 1.0.0 release yesterday, great if you could confirm if it solved your problem.

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson
Best regards,
Johan Isaksson

Post by Robert Hirst »

I've upgraded to 1.0 and the timeAxisChange event is firing exactly as expecting and meets my needs perfectly :)

Post by mats »

Great to hear! :)