Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by grotzeck »

Hey,
I am trying to load data on "visibledaterangechange"- event. But after reloading the data by using the slider it seems like an internal error occurred.

ERROR Error: Uncaught (in promise): Error: Unknown identifier ClassDefEx-1.$.startDate
Error: Unknown identifier ClassDefEx-1.$.startDate
    at throwUnknownIdentifier (schedulerpro.module.js:188861:9)
    at EngineTransaction.addEdge (schedulerpro.module.js:189706:27)
    at EngineTransaction.onReadIdentifier (schedulerpro.module.js:189765:33)
    at EngineTransaction.calculateTransitionsStackGen (schedulerpro.module.js:189920:47)
    at calculateTransitionsStackGen.next (<anonymous>)
    at EngineTransaction.calculateTransitions (schedulerpro.module.js:189814:19)
    at calculateTransitions.next (<anonymous>)
    at schedulerpro.module.js:188232:112
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at asyncGeneratorStep (asyncToGenerator.js:3:1)
    at resolvePromise (zone.js:1262:1)

To reproduce this error, I have attached a dummy Angular component, where you just need to use the slider "fast".

Is there something I'm doing wrong or should the data be loaded differently?

Attachments
testSchedulerSimpleError.zip
(3.75 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

Post by saki »

The code you posted does not exhibit an obvious error(s). We usually try to avoid config and use individual options, however, this alone should not be the cause. I have not seen any slider or the way how you reload data in the above code.

We would need a runnable showcase to proceed with finding the root of the problem; can you prepare and post such?

Note: The above error log that contains Error: Unknown identifier ClassDefEx-1.$.startDate would indicate that it can be a problem in data and although this is only a guess, it would be the first direction I'd look.

Post by grotzeck »

Hey,

Thanks for replying so fast. I have now attached an Angular Project without any styling and the same component. The Problem occurs when you are using the slider on the bottom. Sometimes this error is thrown.

I have not seen any slider or the way how you reload data in the above code.

I just listen to the "visibledaterangechange"-event and call getData() wich just creates dummy-data in an async way.

Attachments
my-app.zip
(475.03 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

Post by saki »

You are trying to apply same data over and over. Try to mutate the data, generate different ids, at least.

Post by grotzeck »

Sorry if I understand you wrong. I aim to dynamically load the data from our database including the old daterange and the new visible one. So I don't want to change the id's of an event, because it would destroy dependencies to other events and thus recalculating everything every call wouldn't make sense. Would there be another option for such a case?

e.g. Data Change on every visibledaterangechange
First event call:

this.events = [{id:'1' ...}]

Second event call:

this.events = [{id:'1' ...},{id:'2',...}]

This would be an example how our real application would behave. But just to show and understand the error, i wanted to remove at least some of the complexity and give an example where the error occured.

I also tried to randomly assign a new id and the same error occured.

Are you able to reproduce this ....startDate error?

Post by saki »

Yes, it seems to be a bug. Here is the ticket: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/5322

Thank you very much for reporting it.

Post by grotzeck »

Okay Thanks for taking care of it.

Post by grotzeck »

Hey,
I have noticed that you tried to fix our bug in your latest release (5.1.5). But after downloading this version this bug seems to still exist.

Did I understand something wrong and should I wait because the fix had not been released yet?

Thanks

Post by mats »

The fix is in review stage still, not yet ready (see above).