Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by applysia »

Hi,

we're currently using the Scheduler in a setup, where every event can be assigned to multiple resources via the event editor. However the process of assigning an additional resource is not optimal, because you have to open the event editor to do so and add the resource in the multi select.

We want to offer our users a smooth user experience and are now looking for a better way to map this process. I think it would be a great a power user feature to allow a user to press and hold a key (ctrl/cmd), drag the event and drop it onto another resource column to assign an additional resource.

Is it possible to implement this behavior? I'm looking forward to help and suggestions on how to implement this!

Post by alex.l »

You could try to catch drop here https://bryntum.com/docs/scheduler/api/Scheduler/feature/EventDrag#event-beforeEventDropFinalize , and set context.valid = false which aborts the drop and implement your own logic instead.

All the best,
Alex

Post by applysia »

Thanks for your quick response. This probably solves part of my problem, however I would also like the original event to stay in place when I duplicate it using drag and drop. Is that possible?

Post by mats »

Yes, you can for example set hideOriginalElement on the private drag member of your eventDrag feature (not supported). We will open a ticket to add hideOriginalElements on the eventDrag feature so you can toggle it based on your hotkey.

Post by applysia »

That would be awesome! Can you post the link to the Issue here, so I can track the feature?

Post by mats »