Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by striker »

We started testing SchedulerPro with 300 events and we experienced that scrolling is very lagging.
Drag and drop is too not smooth.

On Big data set example I can reproduce this behavior with showing 10k events or 1000 resources with 20 events.

lagging.gif
lagging.gif (6.33 MiB) Viewed 1787 times

On previous versions it worked better

Post by johan.isaksson »

Hi,

I stepped back a some versions (to 4.1.0) but was still getting laggy scroll in this scenario, which version did it work better for you in?

Profiled it and there is definitely room for improvement anyhow, opened a ticket on it: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/3486

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson

Post by striker »

I think it was happen after fixing problem in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=18573&p=91812#p91812

Scroll after that fix is not working so smooth.
Thank you for take a look for improving it!

EDIT:

Probabl yfixing this issue can improve this:
https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/3477

And I've just investigated that custom event template as Angular customElements is causing it.
With disabled rendering eventBodyTemplate:

// commented
// eventBodyTemplate: (data: EventBodyTemplateConfig) => this.onEventBodyTemplateEvent(data),
// eventRenderer: (event: any) => this.onEventRendererEvent(event),

without.gif
without.gif (807.06 KiB) Viewed 1744 times

It's smooth.

But with 300 tasks with custom eventBodyTemplate....:

with.gif
with.gif (3.02 MiB) Viewed 1744 times

Sometimes we can show about 800 tasks in total

Post by johan.isaksson »

If you want it performant I recommend rendering event content using html (or for best performance DomConfigs) over Angular components. If that is not an option you should probably not use eventBodyTemplate but rather handle the components in a https://bryntum.com/docs/scheduler/#Scheduler/view/SchedulerBase#event-renderEvent listener, making sure to reuse already rendered components over always rendering new.

Other than that, what Angular does is unfortunately out of our control.

Best regards,
Johan Isaksson

Post by striker »

We will try to change our way to showing events. Is it possible to use ng-template in Angular Wrapper?

Post by saki »

How would you like to use ng-template in conjunction with the wrapper? Generally, wrapper does not expect any content enclosed in its tag, it only expects arguments. Could you elaborate?

Post by striker »

You can define your custom template in Angular by using ng-template, for example it could look like this:

<ng-template let-eventData #myTemplate
   <div class="event-container">
       <span class="event-name">{{ eventData.name }}</span>
   </div>
</ng-template>

And just send this template via input to scheduler wrapper.

<bryntum-scheduler-pro [eventTemplate]="myTemplate">

It could let avoid using angular custom elements, for example in tooltips.
But I am not sure how Scheduler core and the wrapper is working.

Post by saki »

[eventTemplate] would be just ignored by the wrapper. To explain: the wrapper takes all config options, properties and events as documented in API docs, defines them as @Input in Angular wrapper and implements a special processing of them where needed.

You can take a look at the source code in the file I am attaching.

Attachments
bryntum-scheduler-pro.component.ts.zip
(8.27 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

Post by striker »

johan.isaksson wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:44 am

If you want it performant I recommend rendering event content using html (or for best performance DomConfigs) over Angular components. If that is not an option you should probably not use eventBodyTemplate but rather handle the components in a https://bryntum.com/docs/scheduler/#Scheduler/view/SchedulerBase#event-renderEvent listener, making sure to reuse already rendered components over always rendering new.

Other than that, what Angular does is unfortunately out of our control.

What do you mean by 'handling components'? How to block making div 'b-released'?

I want to make our scheduler very smooth, but when we are showing 400 tasks, 400 resource time ranges,keepsOriginalTimeSpan = true and showing range over 2-3 months, the scrolling is not so smooth and using gantt feels is not soo good.

Post by mats »

Could you please do a performance profile of when you scroll and upload it here so we can see what's taking time? Does it feel snappier if you skip rendering Angular components in your event bars?