Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by schwegler-solutions »

Hi guys

i need the Scheduler component as a react-native Implemenation. It works good inside a react-native webview control, but it is not usable in production due to security (CORS) issues.

Is there a react-native version planned by bryntum, or is it possible to transform the react scheduler component into a react-native component or has anyone created a react-native scheduler allready?

regards
Christian

Post by saki »

We currently do not have plans to port our components to react-native.

What are the security concerns with webview + CORS? The requests sent by CrudManager can be customized with special headers and/or authentication tokens that could bring the required security level. Please elaborate, maybe we'll find a solution.

There’s the mobile app and a web app - both are powered by keycloak authentication set up for different clients and a successfull login creates a token for each client.
The web app provides the scheduler, that is displayed in the mobile app as an iframe.
You have to login keycloak to enter the app and also login the web app to enter the calendar. So when the page on the mobile app is opened, the user has to login again.
Due to the iframe, there is no possibility to reuse the allready created token of the mobile app in the scheduler again.

So i need a way to receive tokens from another client within a different domain and initialize the client-side JavaScript library with these tokens or share the same keycloak client between these apps?
Or maybe there’s a totally different way doing this?

Post by saki »

Well, I do not have a personal experiences with keycloak. I only read their description:

Keycloak is an open source software product to allow single sign-on with Identity and Access Management aimed at modern applications and services.

From that I would infer that it could be possible to log-in and stay logged in through devices (browsers) as long as the token is bound to the user, not to the device and/or the combination of user+device.

Or, when a user logs-in in app, the app can use the username and password he typed also in the webview.

I would look in these directions because react-native scheduler is not available as of now.

These are just thoughts, your situation may be very different.

allright, thx for you input! We will investigate more on keycloak side then..