Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by tpoe »

Hello Bryntum team,

I have a problem and already invested some time into solving this issue. Now I realized that the issue appears in your demo as well (Bryntum Scheduler - Configuration demo).

We are using the Bryntum Scheduler with zooming functionality.
Zooming in and out works absolutely fine.
But the space used by the Bryntum Scheduler varies.

When initially loading, the area of the scheduler is exactly as large as the window width.
In your example you can see the 1st of January 2017, the night and the day shift, as well as the individual hours of that day. This example uses the view preset "Day/night shift (custom)". The area is not scrollable horizontally.

If I now zoom in and then out again, I should be at the same zoom level as when I initially loaded it. The view preset is again "Day/night shift (custom)".

But now the scheduler needs more space and the area becomes horizontally scrollable. Now the range is visible from December 27, 2016 to January 06, 2017.
But in our case it is important that the required space remains the same. So for the same view presets / zoom levels, the same area should be visible.

I attached two screenshots of your demo that show the issue.

Is there any setting that we can use to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments
Bryntum Configuration Demo - before zoom.png
Bryntum Configuration Demo - before zoom.png (81.65 KiB) Viewed 250 times
Bryntum Configuration Demo - after zoom.png
Bryntum Configuration Demo - after zoom.png (78.04 KiB) Viewed 250 times

Post by alex.l »

Hi tpoe,

This is by design.
On initial load the Scheduler uses custom startDate/endDate from the config that you passed to the Scheduler.
After zoomIn/zoomOut actions startDate and endDate are recalculated automatically depends on data set (events) provided (actually it's a bit more complex algorithm) to show them all. if you want, you can set them manually again https://bryntum.com/docs/scheduler/#Scheduler/model/TimeSpan#function-setStartEndDate

All the best,
Alex