Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by striker »

Hello.
I am searching following feature:

First case:

• There are few tasks. Every task end date is in differtent minute, not rounded to granularity.
    Like:
    Task A: 9:31
    Task B: 11:34
    Task C: 18:57

All tasks are in same resource. If I drop Task B near task A end date, then the start date of Task B should be same like Task A end date - 9:31. It should work too for enddate.
Something like 'magnet' feature.

Second case:

• Same like first case, but it should working in different resources (include another tasks on another resources).

I am attaching .gif to show how it should work.

test2.gif
test2.gif (405.07 KiB) Viewed 686 times

So I'm thinking about 2 possible solutions:
1) A magnet feature.
2) Create listener on eventdrop and manually set star/finish date depends of option I want to use.

I can't find magnet feature on your documentation and I can't find valid eventdrop event to do this,
Can you help me?

Post by mats »

Hm, if you use our Pro version - when you have a dependency setup between two tasks it schedules a task it to start where the predecessor ends. You can try it here: https://www.bryntum.com/examples/scheduler-pro/grouping/

Would that solve your needs?

Post by striker »

In 50%.
If task is dropped near task with no dependency, I have followed result:

first task is ending at 6:24AM, I'm putting task near him and the start date is 6:30 AM, not 6:24 AM I expected.
Is there any event listener I can connect and manipulate this?

Attachments
test4.gif
test4.gif (552.67 KiB) Viewed 678 times

Post by mats »

Yes, for tasks without dependency you will have to handle it manually. You can use this event:

https://bryntum.com/docs/scheduler/#Scheduler/feature/EventDrag#event-eventDrop

Post by striker »

Thanks, I will try and let know here is it working!

Post by striker »

I had time to check this listener, but I have following problems:

How can I get specific date where event is dropped?

For example, in the tooltip I can see dates fixed to half hours, like 14:00, 14:30, etc.
But if I will drop event at 14:22, it will be automaticly aligned to 14:30.
How can I block this event and get that date(14:22)?

Post by mats »

The time reported by the schedule is always in the resolution specified by the view preset. How about you look for events ending within a certain amount of time after the dropped event starts?