Our pure JavaScript Scheduler component

Post by Srindt »

1.Did you face any issues in running my project? If so, what are the issues?

2.Did you try clicking the end-dates(2nd row)? Are they working fine?

3.If it works, kindly attach your project.I shall compare.

Post by alex.l »

Hi Srindt,

I was finally able to reproduce and found the reason, compared your code with the code where it worked. The problem appears if you set workingTime. So, here is a ticket: https://github.com/bryntum/support/issues/1589

Thanks for your report, we will fix it, please use the link to track the status of the ticket.

All best,
Alex

All the best,
Alex

Post by Srindt »

Hi guys,

Thanks for your support !!,

Could u kindly give me an update on my questions 5,6 asked before:

5.I can't understand the working of these date filters.Will I be able to filter dates outside of the
startdate,enddate range that we have set in the beginning?I set dynamic workingTime as well.
(owing to a bug along with workingTime, I would like to know its working)

Consider, we have set startdate,enddate which are 20-sep and 26-sep.
But say I want to filter events between 20-sep and 30-sep , will I be able to do?
Because, the right arrow of enddate(2nd-row) is not responding.

6a.Say I want to get data from my api based on this date filter, which would be the best method to call my api and update?

I use the below:

schedule.timeAxis.on({
            beforereconfigure : ({source,startDate,endDate}) => {
            console.log("beforereconfigure: ",startDate,endDate)
            //CALL ASYNC API
            });

6b.But if I go by 6a, and if my api fails, I need to reset the date filters.Is there a way to dynamically update the filters(start-date,endDate - 1st,2nd-row)?

Post by alex.l »

Hi Srindt,

Sorry, looks like I missed them.

1. Basically that the filter do - it's change startDate/endDate on your timeAxis. You will be able to filter any date range using date pickers.

6a. Please use this event https://bryntum.com/docs/scheduler-pro/#Scheduler/view/TimelineBase#event-timeAxisChange
6b. Yes, you need to restore startDate and/or endDate of your timeAxis, dates in that filter will be updated accordingly.

All best,
Alex

All the best,
Alex

Post by Srindt »

Thanks for the reply alex.

1.Is timeAxisChange event part of the latest sdk? I use 1.0.2 !

2.I don't see any difference between beforereconfigure and timeAxisChange events.Is there any?

3.what I meant was, I need to programmatically change the filter(start,end dates) DataRange -> Start Date, End Date.
Is it possible using this event? Because, if its possible, I shall try changing the SDK.If not then how shall I change them?

Post by alex.l »

Hi Srindt,

timeAxisChange event is available in version 1.0.2.

The difference in time of event. beforereconfigure triggers before configure has been applied. In that event you can cancel configuration apply if you return false. timeAxisChange triggers after configuration applied.

DataRange filter uses the current startDate/endDate values of your timeAxis. To change that values in the filter, you need to change timeAxis startDate/endDate, no extra actions required.

All best,
Alex

All the best,
Alex

Post by Srindt »

So you mean, when I change the startDate/endDate which are coming from this timeAxisChange, event, it changes the filters internally and that changed dates shall be visible in the UI filter henceforth?

Post by alex.l »

Yes, that's easy to check.

1. Go to https://www.bryntum.com/examples/scheduler/basic/
  2. Select Date Range using header menu filter. let's say you clicked right on endDate and now it's "2017-01-02".
  3. run in console:
    scheduler.timeAxis.endDate;

The result will be the new date.
  4. run in console:
    scheduler.timeAxis.endDate = new Date("2017-01-07")

5. Go to Date Range filter and check the value in the endDate field. It will be "2017-01-07".

All the best,
Alex

Post by Srindt »

Thanks man !! It really helps !!