Our blazing fast Grid component built with pure JavaScript

Post by md shazeb »

Hello Bryntum Team,

Currently I am using Bryntum grid and trying to implement different features for our enterprise application. I am trying to show custom context menu which should not show up on cell click but a three dot icon which i have created in each cell as u can see in the attached screenshot.And also the data of that custom context menu will be fetched from the server and that server request will be fired upon clicking of that three dot icon.

Please give me some examples with code that how can we acheive that .

Thank You

Icon which is showing on hover of the cell
Icon which is showing on hover of the cell
Screenshot 2022-09-01 at 1.17.52 PM.png (660.63 KiB) Viewed 402 times

Post by tasnim »

You're talking about the context menu. but in your screenshot, it shows a tooltip

Are you talking about this tooltip ?

Screenshot 2022-09-01 161336.png
Screenshot 2022-09-01 161336.png (250 KiB) Viewed 398 times

If you're talking about tooltip, you can check this https://bryntum.com/docs/grid/api/Core/widget/Tooltip

Post by md shazeb »

No I am talking about custom Context Menu only since i am showing this 3 dot icon on hover of cell only so the tooltip is also getting rendered so i want the feature of custom context menu as described above.

Post by tasnim »

Post by md shazeb »

U are not getting me . As u can see in the screenshot there is one three dot icon and on click on that only i want to show the custom context menu and also data should be fetched from the server that what elements i have to show in context menu.

Attachments
three dot icon shown
three dot icon shown
Screenshot 2022-09-01 at 4.21.14 PM.png (805.43 KiB) Viewed 389 times

Post by marcio »

Hello md shazeb,

That'll depend on how you set up that three-dot icon. Could you please share how did you build that?? Without that is difficult to help you. Perhaps you could use some async call when the onClick event is triggered from that icon?

Best regards,
Márcio