Our blazing fast Grid component built with pure JavaScript

Post by ggalipeau »

First off - I've been using the Bryntum Gantt chart for a while. So, most of my knowledge is from that and I am trying to correlate concepts.

We are trying to use the Bryntum Grid now. We've been successful setting up an AjaxStore to Read, Add, Update and Delete.

However, we are having some issues with Add and Ids.

When working with Bryntum Gantt and taskStores, they had a concept of phantomIDs. When a task is added to the Gantt chart task store, it gets a phantomID. Then, on our server we create the real ID. Then we pass that back with the phantomID to the client and Bryntum syncs the two so we can continue working on that item (ex: maybe we want to delete later).

So, now I am working with the Bryntum Grid/AjaxStore and I don't see a concept of phantomID. Thus, I pass my data up to the server when we add a new item. The server creates the ID. I put that ID into the response data.

However, now the item is not editable in the Bryntum Grid anymore. Meaning, my context menu doesn't work on it (for example: I can't delete it).

I've tracked the issue down to this ID problem. If I build the ID on the client side, add the item to my store, then save with that ID - then everything works fine. However, I can't do that in my system. I have to create my IDs on the server side.

So, long question short - is there any concept of phantomIDs on the AjaxStore like the Gantt Task Store has? Or, is there another way to accomplish a simple crud (add then delete action)?

Thanks,
Greg

Post by alex.l »

Hi Greg,

phantomIds are not supported in Grid, it's CrudManager's concept.
Here is a guide how to read/update data using AjaxStore https://bryntum.com/docs/grid/guide/Grid/data/ajaxstore
Here is online example with PHP backend: https://bryntum.com/examples/grid/php/

Could you please review it, apply required changes to your solution and let us know if you still have problems described in your post.

In case you still have problems, it will be great to see your code.

All the best,
Alex