Our blazing fast Grid component built with pure JavaScript

Post by gregc »

I can't seem to select it in dev tools to get info on what pops up but is there a way to change the z-index of the column filter?

I have a Dojo dijit/dialog containing the grid and it has a z-index of 950 and when I click the filter icon there is no popup and no errors, pretty confident it is just hidden by the dialog.

Last edited by gregc on Mon May 10, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by mats »

You could always to it through CSS yes, any floating widgets live in the 'float root' so maybe check if that node has sufficient z-index for your app?

<div class="b-float-root b-outer b-overlay-scrollbar b-chrome b-theme-stockholm"></div>

Post by gregc »

Darn, boosting the z-index didn't help.

Post by mats »

Ok can you upload a small test case showing the issue? Or is your app accessible online somewhere?

Post by gregc »

I have built out the same functionality here, you can see the issue. Press the demo button and then try to click on the filter button for Species, Alignment

https://www.dndcombat.com/dndcombat/Welcome.do?actionRefId=303

The zindex for float root is over 10,000 so doesn't seem to be that.

Post by mats »

It's because Dojo is doing something weird with focusing on every mouse down which our library reacts to as a 'focus loss' which triggers an immediate hide. Is your entire app built in Dojo? If not, maybe consider dropping it?

Post by gregc »

We do use Dojo throughout. I only just recently implemented dijit/Dialog to replace the css only modal dialog. Do you have a particular non-JQuery modal dialog you use? At least I have a clue to the issue now which is a start.

Post by mats »

Do you have a particular non-JQuery modal dialog you use

Sure, please check our Popup class: https://bryntum.com/docs/scheduler/#Core/widget/Popup

Post by gregc »

So in the end I have changed it to a FloatingPane, this works even better and doesn't have the focus issue, thanks!