Show cool things you have done with our products

Post by Dev_Coppelis »

i need to load project node as the example : https://www.bryntum.com/examples/gantt- ... s/advanced
and i need to know the differences between Project, Milestone and Task in database .
so if i need to make Main project like Project A so if i right click on it, it gives me Project information...
not task information..
Attachments
view in demo project
view in demo project
Demo.png (18.21 KiB) Viewed 4634 times
view in online exmple
view in online exmple
online.png (24.53 KiB) Viewed 4634 times

Post by Maxim Gorkovsky »

Hello.
Project nodes are special types of tasks, they are isntantiated with class Gnt.model.Project, see TaskType field in advanced demo data. And milestone is a task with 0 duration. It is not necessary to use project nodes in your task store.

Post by Dev_Coppelis »

thanks for replay
now i can create a task and convert it to milestone i got it.
but what if i need to create a project ? and how can i load the project to gantt view ? like your example ?

If you need to create project you can do smth like:
gantt.taskStore.getRoot().appendChild({
  TaskType: 'Gnt.examples.advanced.model.Project',
})
and how can i load the project to gantt view ?
I don't understand your question. All our demos are loading tasks into task store: using crud manager, using store proxy, or generating data. Look those up and find way that is best for you.

Post by Dev_Coppelis »

thanks maxim,
i mean that in attachments you can see the root is main project,
i need this main project to appear like project A in your example so ,
what is the difference between main project in first attachment and project A in second attachment ?

When you loaded/created "Main project" node, did you specify TaskType field? Check "Project A" data in advanced demo, it has TaskType value which makes it project.

Post by Dev_Coppelis »

Hi maxim,
thanks for your support.
i checked your json data in advanced demo i found what i need.
thank you.